Tuesday, February 17, 2015

The word and an unwanted guest

Is there a word or words that you hear a lot?  When I taught school I heard “Mrs. Lamar” a gazillion times a day.  Now I no longer hear that word, yet I am still being called by little people, just by another name, “Momma”.  I have considered changing my name a lot lately.  I often wonder how two little people could have so much to say or need something so often.  All.  The.  Time!!!  I walk out of the room and I hear “the word”… “Momma”.  I promise I have learned an ungodly amount of patience since becoming a mom, but sometimes I want to blow my gasket when I hear them hollering, “Momma”.  Then when they are asleep at night I miss these two little faces, but love the quietness I hear.
People, I feel fat, sluggish, worn-out, swollen, and all those other fun pregnancy related feelings one can have at the end of such a journey.  BUT, I am holding on strong!!!  I might be all those things, but I am in no way telling Sister Lamar to come any earlier than she has to.  To be perfectly honest, I hope my water doesn’t break like it did with the boys and I can leisurely go to the hospital on Monday morning without being in a frenzy like panic!  Here’s me in my robe…. 
My sock line
The other day I went to Babies R Us for a few last minute necessities.  When I wheeled my bus, the suburban I am still trying to learn to drive and park, into a space I saw this sign and it was glowing like a gift from God!!!!!!!!
I wonder if my hubs, the Representative for District 8, would write up a bill requesting such?????!!!!!!

A sweet friend made her sister in-law a baby door hanger for a shower a few weeks ago.  I commented on it and she made me one too!!!!!!!!!!!!  I love it.  Annie is officially ready to come.
STORY TIME….

So if you've been reading my blog you know that Trey and I sold our house in the spring and have been living in a rental since April.  During this time we have seen a few uninvited guests around our house.  Last Friday I walked into the bathroom, and BOOM a mouse ran from our closet and escaped into a hole by my side of the cabinets.  I panicked and immediately rounded up several mouse/bug sticky traps we had. 

The next two days I would turn on the lights and inspect the bathroom closely before making my way in there.  Sunday morning I got up, checked the sticky traps, and then went to talk to Ford and Bitty.  After several minutes I decided I would go back to the bathroom and put on my contacts.  I walked in the bathroom, headed for my side, and when I was within 6 inches of the trap the DAMN MOUSE, yep I cussed on my blog, jumped out of the hole and plopped right on the trap.  I screamed bloody murder.

I flung open the bathroom doors to see Trey jumping out of the bed in a panic that was right on the same level as I was on.  However, he wasn't flipping out because I saw a mouse, oh no, he thought I had the baby in the bathroom or that something was wrong with me.  I continued hollering there was a mouse in the bathroom and at the point his demeanor completely changed.  He went from worried to ticked.  I made him mad because: #1 he was still in bed at 7:00 AM when he should have been up, #2 He doesn't like any yelling or such, and #3 I made him think something was terribly wrong.

Well people, it was!!!!!!!  When a mouse almost attacks your slipper when you are within inches of it and sticks to a trap things are NOT OKAY.  I continued to FREAK OUT because the little beast was struggling with all its might to free himself from the trap.  I was yelling that if it got off I would really go nuts.  After threatening to call neighbors for backup, Trey got the mouse and took him outside. 

I guess since that didn't put me into labor nothing will!!!!!  Oh and the picture shows the mouse and next to the rodent is a hunk of peanut butter because apparently they like it.
Tomorrow, Wednesday, is my last doctor visit before Annie comes.  Since my part of the state has been having inclement weather (ice) my dad insists that he is driving me to the doctor.  I gave in and let him.  The parental units had threatened to move in with me this week while Fancy is in Jackson, but I refused such.  So I guess I’ll appease him and let him drive me to my final appointment.  Should Annie come before Monday, I won’t be posting again, BUT if she stays put you might hear one last post from me before “The Crazy” hits!!!!

And for your enjoyment and pleasure here are the birthing stories from Ford and Bitty.... read if you are bored....

Ford.... Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3   and     Bitty.... Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3


No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...