Monday, June 18, 2012

A Baby Story PART 2

What did he mean how are we feeling??  I didn’t think his jokes were funny in the slightest.  He said “Okay, it’s time to go.”  Those words were like someone saying I had won the Power Ball lottery.  We started wheeling down the hall and thru all kinds of doors.  We got into the OR and I remember a lot of nurses being in there and seeing a table full of cutting utensils.  Under normal circumstances this would have put me over the edge, but I was hurting so bad I didn’t care.  It felt like I could have reached up and grabbed John Brantley’s head myself because he was so low. 
They told me I had to move up to another bed.  That isn’t exactly what I call easy when you are experiencing the worst pain of your life.  I was hurting so bad that crying wasn’t even an option.  I was just MAD that it was now 4:00 A.M. and I was just now going to have my section.  So I moved over to another bed and they told me to sit on it like I was riding a horse.  WHAT?!?!?  I was then given a pillow to hold and they told me to relax.  I was having contractions very quickly and they hurt like HELL.  (Excuse my language).  Once I was contraction free for about 30 seconds the doctor did my spinal tap.  I didn’t care how big that needle was.  They could have jammed a spatula in my back for all I cared.  I needed that pain to GO AWAY! 

As soon as he stuck me and was finished they told me to lie down quickly because I was about to go numb.  They weren’t kidding.  Within 1-2 minutes I was feeling GOOD!!!!  However, the medicine caused me to begin shaking.  I assured them I WAS NOT COLD and didn’t need any blankets.  My teeth were chattering and my arms were going nuts.  About this time Trey walked in to find me lying down with oxygen on and my arm flailing around like I was directing the choir.  I was told not to fight that feeling, just to let it be.  I had two doctors trying to hold my arms down.  Then a black nurse took my chap stick from me.  I told her she best NOT lose it.  Anyone who knows me personally knows of my chap stick addiction. 

A curtain was then put up around my face and I could tell that all those cutting utensils were going to work.  I got a slight bit nervous because like an IDIOT I had googled C-sections earlier and nearly died watching them.  I knew that was happening to me right then and there.  I was then told I would feel a lot of pressure.  I felt them pushing John Brantley out of my stomach.  At one point I thought they might break some ribs.  Trey started smiling and saying he could see his head.  I couldn’t see squat.  Then I heard them say he was as big as a toddler and I heard the cries.  It was 4:29 A.M.

I got tears in my eyes.  I wanted to YANK that curtain down and see the angel that I had been baking for 38.5 weeks.  Trey ran over and was taking pictures of him all the while I am yelling that I want to see them.

Finally he walked over to show me some pictures.  I could then see them bring JB over to the scale.  He weighed in at 8 pounds and 12 ounces.  Trey then got to hold him and brought him over for me to see.  I thought he was perfect!!!






It felt like I was lying there forever while they were sewing me up.  I remember asking if all was going okay.  The doctor said they were perfectionist and it would take a minute.  Trey then looked over the curtain and asked if there was supposed to be that much blood.  WHAT?!?  I got concerned and they assured him it was normal.  Whhhewww!!
When they finished we were wheeled off to the recovery room.

TO BE CONTINUED…….. 

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...