Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A Baby Story Part 3

So now we are in a recovery room.  We were actually the only people in the entire recovery wing so I had all the nurses’ attention.  My parents had been in the waiting room the entire time and I really wanted them to be able to come back and see John Brantley.  The head nurse in charge allowed them both to come back there.  During this time they were measuring and assessing our little dude.  I finally got to hold him after what seemed to be an eternity.  He was precious.
I actually have a great recollection of my stay in recovery this go round.  When I went in there after Ford I was so out of it I could have been in China for all I knew.

We didn’t have to stay in there too long and then we got to go to our own room.  Later that morning Puddin came up with Ford and around lunch time Pops came.  We had a few other visitors that day, but for the most part it was quiet.  I guess my “DON’T come near me after I have a baby blog” scared people away!!!

They told me that all I could have to eat on Wednesday was a liquid diet.  Fortunately that was okay with me since I wasn’t that hungry.  I was then given a menu to fill out of foods that I wanted to eat the next day.  I wasn’t impressed with the selection and verbalized that out loud while a nurse was in the room.  She said I could write in some things I wanted (within reason) and they would deliver.  They did!!!  I suggested chocolate pie and French fries would be nice and I got that along with my other grub. 

I have never been assessed by so many people so often in my life.  I think I had my temperature and blood pressure taken no less than 50 times while I was there.  On Thursday morning at 4:54 A.M. a nurse came in and said it was time for me to get out of bed.  EXCUSE ME!!!???  I wasn’t happy with her.  All I wanted was some sleep.  So up I got…very slowly.  I went to the bathroom where so told me to sponge bathe myself over the sink.  It actually felt amazing considering all the sweating I did during labor and delivery. 

I never went back to sleep after that.  Thursday brought on a few more visitors and trips out of bed to move around.  I felt as if I were moving slower than a 90 year old.  On Friday I was released to go home.  I actually wasn’t ready to go home myself, but I knew that Trey needed to get back to work and Ford really wanted us at home.  So off we went about lunch time.  As soon as we got in the car I felt like I had made a BIG mistake.  I felt sick.  It was the worst nausea feeling I think I have had.  To my great fortune we had the pleasure of driving down Poplar Avenue in Memphis.  SHOOT ME now!!!  Trey was starving, but I told him he couldn’t eat because I didn’t think I could handle smelling his food.  Once we got home and I wasn’t moving I was okay.
So today brings us to Wednesday, one week after John Brantley was born.  We are home.  No one has died yet.  I am still hurting from my section and am sleep deprived.  I am also trying to manage life with these crazy hormones you get after child birth.  I think for the most part I have done pretty well.  I have only cried once and that was when Ford jumped on my stomach.  It’s now time to get used to my “new normal”.  As for Ford, he deserves a blog post of his own.
JOHN BRANTLEY STATS:
Born June 13th at 4:29 A.M.
Weight: 8.12 pounds
Height: 19 ¾ inches
He is a good little sleeper.  He is eating every 2 ½ to 4 hours.  When he gets mad his entire body turns red.  He has a little dimple in his chin that turns white when he cries.  He also has a patch of blonde hair on his left temple… possibly a birthmark.  He is so sweet and seems like he will be my relaxed child.  Time shall tell.












 
Comparison between Ford and John Brantley….

3 comments:

Lauren and Nick Miller said...

I've loved these posts!! He is beautiful & perfect!!

Jenna said...

Jill John Brantley is absolutely precious! Congrats to all of you!

Laurie said...

I love the picture of you In the gray shirt holding him! Funny you asked for chocolate pie and French fries, well just the chocolate pie is funny...And ouch to Ford jumping on your stomach..hurt me to read! Congrats to the family of four!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...