Monday, January 18, 2010

The Mighty Deer Slayer


The redneck came out in me pretty strong yesterday. Before I begin lets get this straight… I found the redneck inside of me when I married Trey. He insists that I do things such as hunt, ride 4-wheelers, wear camouflage, look at bean fields, cook deer meat, and own 4 pair of boots, etc. Yes, I have 3 pair of cowboy boots and a pair of hunting boots for stomping thru the mud. Back to what I was saying… the redneck came out yesterday. Trey wanted me to go hunting since I hadn’t shot my new gun he brought me this year. It’s a 7mm08 for anyone who knows anything about guns. He and I set out on our nature hunt fairly late and stomped and squished thru the mud until we arrived at the deer stand well after 4:00. For any of you hunters out there you know that is late!! We sat, looked, listened, wiggled, talked, used binoculars, and wondered WHERE ARE THE DEER! Finally 3 does came out and I had my sights set on the big one. I told Trey I was nervous since I hadn’t shot my new gun… not even to practice. My heart started to pound and I got this uneasy feeling that the gun is going to pop back and give me a black eye and I would miss my deer. Well, I had her right on the money thru my scope and then BOOM I shot her and she dropped. That means I hit her good and she didn’t run off. I think I scared Trey because I didn’t warn him I was about to shoot. I just did! After a few minutes Trey climbed down from the deer stand to walk back to his truck to get the 4-wheeler. While he was gone I heard and shot and will you know he also killed a deer. He lucked out and got an 8 point. I would have mounted that sucker over my bed if I had shot him. Kidding… redneck again!


I can rid myself of the camo and dress nicely for a wedding!! Trey and I went to Jackson last weekend for one of his good friend’s weddings. It was lots of fun. Puddin and Pops kept Ford so we could enjoy ourselves without the worry of what to do with Fordster.
"M" cookies for Mr. and Mrs. McLeod

The Lamars and the Crocketts



I like to burn candles in my house, but can’t stand the way they smell when you blow them out. I have to put them outside….

Ford has another ear infection. Being that today is MLK Day and I do not work on that day I was able to take him to the doctor. It’s getting border line ridiculous that we have had 3 ear infections in the past few weeks. I asked about tubes and got the RED light on that idea. The doctor said not yet. I guess until then he will have to suffer from a runny nose, stuffy/achy ears, and yucky medicine which results in SEVERE diaper rash. It’s a lose-lose situation.



Playing with Uncle Vance

Reading the mail

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I am SO impressed and even envious, I want to own 4 pairs of boots!!!

Katie said...

You better eat every morsel of that deer meat, Elmer Fudd.

Ashley said...

You should feel sorry for poor Bambi out wandering the cold woods without his mom!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...