Thursday, February 19, 2015

Inclement weather and the house

If school being dismissed for inclement weather and a mouse trying to attack my slipper didn't put me into labor, then I think I am good to go.  I have now been pregnant longer with Annie than either of the boys, and I am pretty confident she is content in my uterus until Monday. 

There was no school on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday.  I got a text from a teacher friend of mine saying school was canceled on Wednesday around 5:40 AM.  I thought she was lying, but ohhhh no.   We got another day extreme boredom.   Ford saw the small amount of “powdery white stuff” on the ground and needed out there badly to build a snowman.  I tried to explain that he wasn't even going to be able to make a snow ball, but nonetheless, we headed outside…..
 Bitty:  “Why dis tuck?”  Translation “Why is this stuck?”  He was trying to pick up ice that was clearly frozen solid and wasn't coming up.
 Yes, the snow party 2015 lasted all of 2.5 minutes and we were back inside!!!!
 The house.  The house.  The house.  When I see people I am asked about two things: #1 being pregnant and #2 the house.   Well, it’s a work in progress, and the builders were right.   They said it would take 12 months and by George it has.  The fire hasn't been lit under everyone’s butt so I must be patient.  At this point in the game, they can just take their time.  I’m having a baby in the next few days and I won’t feel like moving.

Currently they are doing floors.  I asked Trey for two things when building this house… #1 brick floors in my kitchen and #2 a big pink closet.   Here are my brick floors in the works….  
 It’s a tedious process.  We are using old reclaimed bricks for my floors.  They have to be cut just so or they will break.  I think it’s turning out marvelous!!!  The counter tops are supposed to be in tomorrow.  We shall see.
View of my living room from the kitchen….  We still need a mantel, cabinets, and floors, and the sliding barn door (on the left... that's a playroom).
 This is the other side of the fireplace.  It's a two-way fireplace if you will.  This is Trey's man room.  All things critter can go in here.
 Here's his mudroom.  I think the green walls are cool.  He salvaged that wood from an old barn.
 Hallway from kitchen/den
 Other end of hallway looking back towards kitchen.  I really like the brick walls.  You can see the wood floor has been laid here, but not stained.
 Half bath... we had extra bricks so I threw some in here too!!!
 Butlers pantry
 Butlers pantry
 Dining room
 Foyer
 Study
 View into my bathroom
 Master shower
 My closet
 Back porch
 View from master bedroom
We still have about 3-4 weeks of work to be done before we get to move.  It's coming along.  I still can't believe I will actually ever live there one day.  We have been working on this house so long it doesn't seem like it'll ever happen!

2 comments:

Christy said...

The house is beautiful! Brick floors are my favorite. Praying for a safe delivery and a healthy baby girl.

Pat Day said...

Bobba, Bobby and I went through it this past weekend. So much has been done!!! I think my favorite thing of all is that fabulous back porch! Love, love, love it!!

We've been praying for an uneventful trip to the hospital and a safe delivery. Can't wait to meet Annie!

Aunt Pat

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...