Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Gets my motor running

Saturday was another home game for the Rebels.  We defeated UT, which puts us at 7-0!!!  I wasn’t necessarily 100% gung-ho about the trek over to Oxford, but I decided that in a few short months I will be pretty much home-bound with Little Miss No-Name, so I better take advantage of outings while I can.  You feel me???

The boys were stoked about going and asked all morning when we would leave.  We bathed, packed our belongings, and headed over.  I promise my kids do have good home training, but sometimes when we venture out in public it is questionable.  They spent at least the first 30 minutes playing underneath the food tables.  This is more understandable for a 2 year old, but Ford was pushing it being 5.5 years old.  Finally I said, enough!
 My parents joined the fun at the Senatobia tent this week and my brother and his crew did too.  I didn't do as good documenting the occasion as I did last week.  My apologies.
 Little Miss No-Name is growing away…. Can you tell?!?!?
 The boys like to make “squirrel food”.  AKA… let’s get as dirty as possible and rip a hole in the knee of our new khaki pants.  Yes, Ford did that.
 It really pumps me up when I learn about new people reading my blog.  Well, not necessarily new people, but people that I didn’t know who enjoy my nonsense.  A few weeks ago a friend and fellow co-worker of mine sent me this ornament in the mail.  It will be Christmas all year long in my kitchen because it thrilled me so much to know she reads my blog, and thought of me when she was out shopping one day.  Blog feedback really gets my motor running!
 I’ve been blogging since the summer of 2008.  Therefore my boys’ lives are completely documented and pretty much everything we have done for the last 6.5 years are too.  Blogging takes time, but it can be very therapeutic to sit down and let my feelings go.  I have to be careful about some of them because it can embarrass Trey!  But with that being said, I have written over 550 entries and each one is located inside one these 9 blog books.  I usually get two printed out each year, one every 6 months, so I have a record of our lives.  They are worth every penny!
House Update....


The house is still coming.  This week has been a big week.  They finished bricking the house, are painting the brick, put the columns up on the back porch, are bricking the back porch floor, and installing the sheetrock.  Boy is sheetrock a nasty job.  I am sure that breathing that mess can’t be healthy for the workers at all.

The front of the house…
 Garage side….
 Back of the house…
 Hallway shot…
 Living room…
 View from front door
 The boys have to make sure everything is going according to plan!!!
Fingers are crossed that we are in BEFORE "Cake" comes!

3 comments:

Christy said...

I love the brick exposed walls!

Kim Sandidge said...

Love the house... the boys are going to love it out there!!! Now get that baby a name and keep the photos of the house coming... LOL! You will need a HUGE tree in that living room

Pat Day said...

Love, love the back porch!!! I am ready for some rockers and a fire pit out there!!!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...