Thursday, October 23, 2014

The Beast



Sometimes topics just need a blog of their own.  There is no reason to share it with other topics and such.  They just need some attention ALL to themselves.  I think my pregnancy wins today.

Have you ever heard someone say that a person has on “blinders” or “beer goggles”?  If not, that means that the person isn't seeing clearly, or doesn't see things the way normal people with clear vision would see them.  I think I have that problem.  I’m pretty sure I see myself differently than all of y’all see me, and this is NOT to my advantage.  Apparently, I think I am smaller than I really am.   Gaining 12 pound is gaining 12 pounds and that does not mean that you can wear normal, non-pregnant clothes.  The sooner I realize that the better off I’ll be.
 I have expressed my dislike for maternity clothing and my feelings still stand the same today.  On Monday I decided I would wear my “normal” skinny jeans.  HA HA HA!!!  Are you laughing?  I wasn't.  I thought I could totally pull it off.  Even after I slipped one leg into those suckers and felt them suction to my calf muscles, hadn't even made it to the ham hocks, I still continued to pull them up.  On a normal basis I am a size 6, but these puppies were fitting me like a size 0.  It was sick.  I could have made anyone wonder what in the heck I was doing and/or thinking.  Again, I have the goggles on.  Naturally, they couldn't button so I tried the ponytail around the button method with no luck.  I got ticked and finally realized I am not able to dress “normal” and I need to wear maternity pants that come up to my neck!
Now I do a lot of bitching (excuse the language) about being pregnant because quite frankly I don’t think it’s all puppies dogs and pancakes.  With Ford it was smooth sailing, but we have hot rough waters and I am over it and ready for Cake to join the group.  I promise I love my kids and would do anything for them, but the incubation period is taking a toll on me.

I have a hernia and it’s pretty intense.  I had this lovely guest when I was preggo with Bitty, but it’s come back with vengeance, this go round.  I can stand on my feet for about 10 minutes and then the little beast pops out and causes discomfort.  Then to make matters even worse it causes blockage and my blood can’t flow properly down south and I begin to swell, and the pain just shoots out like a beating heart.  Yeah, you guessed it….misery!!!!!  The doctor pretty much said it will get worse the bigger I get and there is nothing they can do about it at this time.  I will have to have surgery to repair it after the baby arrives.  HOT DOG!

This is how I get dressed in the AM... A chair because of the hernia, a heating pad around my neck because who knows what I have done to myself, and Bitty in my lap.

I went to see my doctor about the beast (hernia) and the back pain I am experiencing which was is caused from the baby being so low.  She suggested that I buy a belly band to support to stomach and back.  And that I did.  When I was in Motherhood Maternity I decided to buy some yoga pants, because I needed them…right, and purchase a new bra.  Sorry men… I don’t even know why y’all read my blog anyway.  Well, the saleslady tried to convince me that I should be sleeping in my bra.  I kind of gave her the stink eye like you have some nerve to be suggesting how I should spend my sacred time of day.  Not that I get a lot of sleep between Bitty waking up and the frequent trips to the toilet, but a bra too???...  No thanks!!!  She went on to say that it was important to sleep in a bra to keep your girls perky.  She got the stink eye.  I laughed and reminded her of gravity and that I had already spent a total of 25 months breast feeding my boys and there wasn't anything with any perk on this body anymore.  You said “For better or worse”, Trey!!!  I will definitely get asked what in the world was I thinking for writing this blog once he reads it.  I am just keeping it real... remember it's not all puppy dogs and pancakes!

The Representative went pheasant hunting for 5 nights in South Dakota last week.  This is how we slept while he was gone.  Looks like the boys slept good… me not so much.  I guess that’s why I need the heating pad.
I asked Trey why he didn't just stay at home and hunt pheasant here.  He gave me a look and said we don’t have them in Senatobia, and South Dakota was like the pheasant hunting capital or something.  I reminded him that God put him in Mississippi and he needed to be content hunting a squirrel or something.  He said, “Oh I see you’re in one of your moods!!!”  Yep, he got a vacation and I got a crick in my neck!  Fair enough!

**** New blog below

2 comments:

Maria said...

You crack me up! I hope the "beast" doesn't give you too much trouble between now and delivery day. Can't wait to meet baby girl Lamar. If she doesn't get a name before long, we can do like great grandmother Brantley and just call her "Sister." I believe she named herself when she started school! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Love your conversation with the maternity sales lady!! And the rest of this blog!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...