Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Brought To My Knees

I would like to think that I am a very strong person.  Please excuse my language, but Trey often refers to me as a “tough ass”, not in a positive way.  I handle stress or sadness best when I am alone.  I don’t like a fan club and people trying to make me feel better.

Trey is a very private person and likes to keep personal issues to himself.  To some degree I do as well, but when I think others can help I like to get the news out there.  Right now I need your help.

No, I don’t know who all reads my blog, but I see that around 100 people view it each day.  I need prayers.  Lots of prayers.  The strong kind of miracle asking prayers.

My mom, Gran, hasn’t been feeling well for a while.  After doctor visits, CT scans, and a scope test this week a biopsy came back with a diagnosis of pancreatic cancer.

CANCER!  No one likes that word under any circumstance.  It’s even worse when it’s someone you love and they are in pain.  Lately I have spent a lot of time on my knees praying for healing, and for God’s will to be done.

Tonight when my mom called me and confirmed that she had pancreatic cancer I wanted to cry.  I didn’t.  I couldn't.  I was sitting down eating dinner with my boys.  I can’t cry in front of them.  I have only cried one time since last December until tonight.   After I got my boys to bed I laid on the floor and cried and prayed.  I cried and prayed some more.

I have a WONDERFUL mother.  My mom has taught me so much.  She has shown me such love and adoration that I can’t even begin to explain it to you.  She is a submissive wife, and I need to strive to be more like her every day.  She adores her grandchildren and they love her back just as much.

I am asking that you PLEASE pray for my mother.  Put her on your church prayer list.  Call your friends and ask them to pray too.  Pancreatic cancer is an aggressive cancer. God is bigger than her cancer, and he can heal her.  Pray for complete healing.  

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prayers for your mom, you, and the rest of your family!! Cancer stinks! My grandmother passed away when my mom was in 6th grade and my sweet sister in law lost a year long battle with breast cancer two years ago. The diagnosis brings you to your knees for sure! One of the verses I often sent my sister- in-law...The Lord will fight for you, you need only to be still (Ex 14:14)

annabclark said...

Jill, I found your blog recently and have been reading for a little while now. I will certainly be praying for your mom. I know that God can do great things, far more than we can ask or imagine. (eph.3.20) Will be thinking of y'all.

The Dimino's said...

Praying for your family! Last year my dad was diagnosed with non Hodgkin's lymphoma. He has gone through Chemo and Rituxin and is still on Rituxin. He is now in remission. Sending lots of thoughts and prayers your way!

Katie said...

Love you Jill and Mrs. Suzanne. Will continue the prayers.

Christy said...

Oh Jill, I'm so sorry to hear this. I will be praying for you, your mom & the entire family.

Mary Clift said...

Praying for each of you and for healing for your mom. I sent message to have her added to prayer lists in West Point, too. You all are precious to so many and hope you feel the power of prayer through this trying time.
Love Mary Clift

Claire Gillentine said...

praying for you and your family. Never easy to get that news. Praying.

Kim Sandidge said...

So sorry... will be praying for your mom and your family!

Unknown said...

Hi Jill, my name is Sara Holifield. I have been a blog reader of yours for quite sometime. I'm not sure how I came across your sweet blog, I saw it on Amanda Pierce's blog and have been a reader since. This blog post just hit me like a ton of bricks and breaks my heart for you more than I can express.I know too well abut pancreatic cancer. I lost my sweet, precious mother-in-law and father-in-law to this same cancer. I will be praying so, so hard for you and your sweet family and mom, dad and brother!

My mother-in-law saw the most amazing and caring physicians at UAB where she received excellent care. The staff at UAB was also incredible, under the cirmumstances, but I am still amazed to this day at the quality of excellent care she received while there at UAB. I would love to reach out to you and help you in anyway I can. This just hits so close to home. Please feel free to email me at saraholifield12@gmail.com.

Anonymous said...

Praying fervently for you and your family.

Kimberly Roberts Moore said...

I will add her to every prayer list I know of. And I will pray for her daily...that's a promise. I know all too well what the power of prayer does. so incredibly sad to read this news.

jillemersonbell said...

Our whole family is praying, Jill!

Anonymous said...

Hi, my name is Susan. I have been reading your blog for awhile now. Your posts have meant a lot to me the past few years as I was in pharmacy residency. Your fun family stories raised my spirits on some tough days. I have finished my training, and now I am an Oncology Pharmacst in Memphis. I really do believe cancer is a battle, and I am glad your Mom has such a loving family on her side.
I am praying for her!

Louisa said...

Praying for your mom and the rest of the family. We will add her to our prayer list too!

Mindi said...

Jill, I was so sad to read this news. I have been following your blog for a while and enjoy keeping up with your fun family. Sending prayers up for your mom and family.

Mindi Kern (Joey's wife :)

February recap

Axton and Griff both played on Ford's BPA travel team last year and this year that came to our school!!! "Momma, take my picture!&q...