Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Explosion at the pumpkin patch

The last time I posted I was asking for prayers for my mom, Gran.  She has been showered with a lot of attention, prayers, and love.  She will begin chemo next Tuesday (10/29/13).  I have begun a Caringbridge page for her and when it’s up and going I’ll post the link on here.  Until then, this is what she posted on Facebook tonight....
  • Hello fb friends...Just wanted to update you on what is now going on with my pancreatic cancer diagnosis. Went to a surgical oncologist and a medical oncologist today and they made Joe and me feel optimistic. My cancer is small and localized, but is too close to an artery for surgery at this time. Their plan is for ...me to have 2 months of chemo followed by 6 weeks of chemo/radiation to shrink the cancer. Then, hopefully, a new CT scan and scope will show that I am a candidate for surgery. The surgery will be extensive; hospital stay as long as two weeks and recovery many months with preventative chemo. I believe by putting my faith in the Great Physician that I will be able to accomplish this and he will heal me.

    Thank you again for all of your prayers and support for my family and me. The posts; messages; texts; phone calls have all meant so much.

Life has been moving along at the Lamar residence.  Bitty has continued to terrorize my house and get into stuff and do things he knows he shouldn't.  Spankings don’t bother him.  What’s a mother to do?
We spent the day with my parents last week.  My dad got out his blood pressure machine and Ford “needed” to get his taken too.  You must be still and quiet in order for the machine to work properly.  Neither of those things are easy for my little man.  We had to do it numerous times!
 Saturday was Ford’s last soccer game.  We successfully lost every single game, but that didn't matter.  I am pretty sure Ford had no clue that there were winners and losers.  He went out there and had a great time and that’s all that matters.  He was very thrilled that he got a trophy to add to his collection of two!
 Before church on Sunday….
 Today was a B-I-G day for my boys.  Ford has been excited all week, and John Brantley had no idea where we were going, or what we would be doing.  Today was FIELD TRIP day.  No, this was not a Jill planned field trip, but one with his school to none other than, Cedar Hill Farms.
 I think it’s safe to say that John Brantley had more fun than any other child there looking at the animals.  When he finally realized what we were doing he started running and squealing.  He was desperately trying to get in with the critters.
 After we fed the animals it was time for the famous train ride pulled by a lawnmower.  The “train” had a loud dinging bell that made John Brantley a little uneasy.  He started shaking his head “NO” when he realized we were about to ride!!!
 Bitty is so itty bitty that he couldn't reach the hole!
 Next came the horse ride…
 Then we watched the Chicken Show.
 Please notice that John Brantley had a wardrobe change.  After the chicken show I noticed that he needed a clean diaper.  I went to the bathroom and left Ford behind with his classmates and other parents.  Little did I know that the “dirty diaper” was more like a massive explosion and it had gone ALL THE WAY UP HIS BACK!!!!  Yes, you read that correct, it was a disaster.  Fortunately, another mother helped me get the clean clothes (I’m always prepared) out of the bag.  Then I went to find a plastic bag in the gift shop for the ruined clothes.  All this time my phone is ringing and it’s Ford’s teacher.  They are looking for us.  We almost missed the hayride to the pumpkin patch.
 All the 3K students from Ford’s school…. This is 2 classes combined.
Hayride.  Right after this John Brantley squeezed his CapriSun on my camera!  
 Next Ford did a little zip lining.
 And they have a HUGE slide.  Mr. Aylon took John Brantley down it.  I went too, but no picture was taken.
 Then I asked Ford to take John Brantley down the slide.  This slide is HUGE people.  Ford decided John Brantley should go alone.  I think he went into shock on the way down!
 After the slide we played in the sandbox….
And you can’t leave without sitting on the old red tractor for a good 10 minutes….
It was a good day!!!!
 Five minutes down the road and he was OUT!






1 comment:

Kimberly Roberts Moore said...

Where did you get JB's jacket?? been looking for a cute one for Miller!!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...