Friday, October 17, 2014

And that's how it's done

School holidays can be so good for the soul.  I have often felt very robotic like I do the same thing every day.  I can be predictable.  During fall break we had some fun and did out of the norm activities.  It felt good.

Over the weekend we went out to the farm to count hay bales, ride the gator, check the deer camera, and see if the critters had eaten any of the corn Trey put out for them.
Ford counted 32 hay bales in one row.  He was pleased with this.  I believe there were over 200 in one spot.  This momma opted to stay off of the bales since it wasn't too safe for little sister.  
I asked Ford if he wanted to go to Chuck E Cheese one day during fall break.  I honestly don’t give Bitty credit enough for knowing all that he knows.  I sometimes think since he can’t talk as well as Ford did at that age that he doesn't know what I’m say.  Ohhhh but he does.  Nobody wanted to go to Chuck E Cheese worse than that little guy.  Too bad I brought it up many days in advance.  It was hard waiting!  
I will have you know that I won that long string of tickets.
After an hour and $20.00 we left with two tiny boxes of Nerds and 12 individually wrapped packets of sweet tarts.  Highway robbery, but the kids had a blast!
We also went to the Memphis Children’s Museum with the cousins.  I hadn't taken Ford there since about 3 weeks before John Brantley was born.  Naturally, Bitty didn't know where we were going, but this place was quite thrilling to him once we got inside.


Waiting on the cousins and having a hard time sharing this space.  
That's better
Molly Cate, Bitty, and Ford flying the plane  
Doing a little grocery shopping.  He wasn't a rule follower.  The cart specifically said to only put 3 items in your cart.  Oops!
Him too.... rule breaker
My newphew, Jack
Vroooom Vroooom
Ford and Caroline
And here's the crew!
This was his most favorite thing in the entire place, a motorcycle
Last night concluded Ford’s 2014 soccer season.  I must say he has made tremendous improvements since last year.  We mostly wandered around, waved at spectators, and rolled in the grass in 2013.  This year started off a little rough, but bribery can be a marvelous thing.  Bribery can also be an expensive thing when you tell your kids they can have a toy if they score a goal.  I honestly didn’t think he would, but he sure did, and the first one cost me $31.98.  He “needed” a Wild Kratts vest and gloves and I had to order it off line.  Paying shipping and handling makes me sick at my stomach too.  I’m cheap!

Gran and BoomPa came to watch
He scored a total of 5 goals in all this season.
Now Bitty isn’t into soccer so much.  He usually wanders around with his mower and ring pop.  See exhibit A and B.
Good game!
Waiting on trophies
Coach Brant handing out the trophies.
He's pleased.
The White Team
And that's how it's done!

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...