Saturday, October 11, 2014

Cream on the cheeks

We've got SPIRIT yes we do.  We've got spirit how about you???  It was homecoming week at Ford’s school and you better bet your bottom dollar that he dressed up every day.  I take dressing up for spirit days very serious, and I always participated.  Plus he was uniform free all week which is a huge plus.

Monday: Jungle/Safari Day
 Tuesday: Superhero Day
 Wednesday: Disney character day… we went with a pirate outfit.  We don’t own a lot of dress up clothes so this one was on loan.
 Thursday: School shirt and pajama pants day
 Friday: Spirit day… #44 just like his daddy!  We forgot to take a picture and had to pull over on the way to school to document this day.  Trey said that wasn't normal behavior.  I never claimed to be normal before!!!
I don’t spend a lot of money.  I remind Trey ALL the time that I could be worse by shopping, going to get my nails done, hiring a maid etc.  However, Wal-Mart is my downfall in life.  I love that place and Dollar Tree.  And when the boys go shopping with me it makes my bill increase even more.  Ford requested a play razor and shaving cream, and Bitty had to have one too.  Except Bitty thinks you shave your buns and not your cheeks…face cheeks that is!
 After a good shave one must have a bath to wash all the excess cream off!
I mentioned in a previous post that Ford was having some separation issues.  He gets upset when he has to go to school or if I leave to go somewhere.  A lady in my Wednesday Bible study suggested that I give him something to keep in his pocket.  Genius idea!  Both of my boys are obsessed with rocks.  Therefore, I gave Ford a small rock, we painted it, and I put it in his pocket before school.  I told him if he got sad just to stick his hand in his pocket and rub that rock.  When he felt of it to know I loved him and was thinking of him.  He liked that idea.
 Sweet little Bitty.  He won’t say the blessing much but when he does we have him repeat one word at a time. “Dear.  Jesus.  Thank.  You.  For.  The.  Food.  Amen.”
 Every day when we pick Ford up for school I immediately start asking him about his day and John Brantley immediately starts asking for his lunchbox.  I guess he wants to see what treasures Ford might have left in there for him to munch on too.

More shaving…. It’s serious business.  
I often wonder what exactly John Brantley understands about me being pregnant and there being a baby in my belly.  He kisses my stomach and says, “Hey Cake!”  I told him earlier that when she came out the rocking chair would go in her room because he isn’t a baby anymore.  He got upset and said, “NO!  Momma’s baby!!!”   That’s right… I always tell him he’s my baby.  
 We drive our gator every day and collect treasures for the back… today it was cupcakes…aka “acorns”. 
Pregnancy Update:

Now, I’m not even going to lie… but I am not a fan of ultra sound pictures.  I believe that all babies look alike on them, and I’m pretty sure that if I were asked I couldn’t tell a difference from any 3 of my child’s photo shoots.  BUT, since this is my blog and I am trying to document my family’s life, I need to put up “the ultra sound pictures”.  

I am 20 weeks today…. halfway there.  Whoop Whoop!!!!  I had an appointment on Tuesday to have my first ultra sound and regular checkup.  I insisted that Trey join me on this venture to see our little girl.  Again, I’m not going to lie, I hate an ultra sound.  I think it’s amazing to see this life God has put inside of me, but at the same time I want to panic because it’s not just seeing your baby, it’s a huge internal checkup.  I’m pretty sure Trey was uneasy the entire time too.  I think he was praying while she was checking the baby out.  Why?  Well, this is actually my fourth pregnancy.  I have been lying on that table and heard the news, “Something isn’t right.”  We lost our first baby and the chromosomal problem was detected on an ultra sound.  That’s why I was in favor of having the MaterniT21 test (chromosomal test) done at 10 weeks to make sure we had a healthy baby on our hands.  Finding out the sex super early was exciting too.

Back on topic:  So we had an ultra sound and Baby “Three, Sally, Cake” was flipping and flopping and showing out.  She looked healthy and even stuck a little finger up as if to say hello.  Seeing her made it so much more real.

I started feeling her move at 17 weeks.  It’s still soft movements that I can’t detect too much with my hands.  I can’t wait for the boys to feel her.  I remember how exciting it was for Ford to feel John Brantley. 

Ironically, she weighs 10 ounces and I’ve gained 10 POUNDS.  Now I refused to gain 10 pounds for every 10 ounces she gains.  Ain’t gonna happen!  I told my dad this and he laughed.  His response was: “Well, Jill, I never knew you to turn down a French fry while pregnant with JB.”  Now there is a lot of truth to that and to the fact that I gained 40 lbs. with him.  It won’t happen again!

So, we are trucking along.  She still doesn’t have a name… the topic isn’t discussed too much at our house.  I haven’t made any strides to do much in preparation for her.  It’s just so hard since we are in a rental house and likely will be until a few weeks before she’s born.   Pray that the men will get a fire under their butt’s and get us in our house sooner than later.  We want to feel settled and get ready for this baby girl to come join our family.  

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...