Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Giraffe Licked My Hand

Today’s adventure was a trip to the zoo.  Ford hadn’t been to the zoo since last September when Fancy went elk hunting.  The weather has been nice so we decided to go in the morning.  Trey put on long pants so I followed suit.  Bad idea… it was as hot as blue blazes.  Not that I have any shorts I could have worn, but still it was bad!
Ford had a large time and the day was even better since his cousins got to come too. 
 
Ford and Caroline are big buddies.  They strolled together most of the day.  (Who is the random guy cheesing in the back of my picture?)



 
I didn’t get to watch the giraffe feeding, but Ford was pleased to announce that “The giraffe licked my hand”. 

I haven’t updated on my pregnancy status or Ford in a while so here goes…

More on… How pregnancy has changed my life….
·        Crossing my legs is very uncomfortable and is becoming harder and harder to do.
·       Bending over can be a real situation.  I try to do all I need to while I am down there before I stand back up.
·       My eyes are dry at night when I wake up to go to the bathroom.
·       I wake up anywhere from 2-5 times a night to go to the bathroom.
·       My only craving is liquids.  We usually have a variety of juices in our frig: Gatorade, apple juice, cranberry juice, orange juice, Crystal Light tea, etc.
·       I feel like the skin around my stomach might rip.  I am getting A LOT bigger A LOT quicker with this baby.
·       Doing simple mundane tasks makes me feel like I have run a 5K.
·       If I talk too much (usually happens at school) I feel like I am short of breath.
·       My fingers and feet are beginning to swell.
·       I have gained 27 pounds!!!!!  You can close your mouth now.  (I know it was jaw dropping).
·       People at school swear I am having twins, that I won’t make it 11 more weeks, and one lady had the nerve to tell me I was carrying the baby in MY HIPS!!!!!  I was completely without words on that comment!

·       If I am lying down on my back and I try to get up without rolling over onto my side it is virtually impossible!
·       People stare at me like I am about to pop in public.  Usually they ask me when I am due and when I tell them they look at me with disbelief.  Am I in denial????????........... maybe I am really huge and I have on blinders. 


Here is a picture with a student at school.  I am pretty large. 


Some Facts About Ford:

·        He weighs between 29-30 pounds.
·       He wears a size 24 month/2T bottom.
·       He wears a 3T shirt.
·       He wears a 3T one piece outfit (jon jon).
·       He is in a size 7-8 shoes.
·       He is still not potty trained.  He wears LUVS size 4 during the day and Pampers Dry Baby size 5 at night.
·       His favorite things to wear are: rain boots, his favorite dark blue jeans (from Old Navy) his camouflage John Deere shirt, and a hat.
·       His still has 4 pacis and only is allowed to have them while sleeping.
·       He has a favorite blue blanket that he calls bankie.
·       He goes to bed around 7:00-7:30 and sleeps until 6:30 on school days and 7:30 on weekends.
·       He won’t eat fruit.
·       He loves milk.
·       He prefers cinnamon rolls for breakfast.  If I don’t have those he needs a blueberry Special K cereal bar.
·       He loves nuts.
·       He loves the mud, tractors, 4-wheelers, all utility vehicles and machines, and yard equipment.
·       He is scared of loud noises.
·       He is OCD about safety.  He CONSTANTLY asks when we are riding in the car if we are being safe.  He wants to make sure our wheels aren’t going to fall off and that the police aren’t going to pull us over!
·       He is a little negotiator.  If you ask him to do something he will try to work out a deal with you.
·       He still naps once a day for 1.5 to 2.5 hours.
·       He has learned to ride his bike and it brings him great pleasure to ride up and down the side-walk. 
·       Ford is very good at remembering people’s names and can recognize their cars wherever we go.
·       He can carry on a full conversation with you and doesn’t forget anything.  You can’t make promises to him you won’t keep.
·       He loves to rub on my belly.  He is very concerned that Toto is going to come out and I am not going to tell him about it.
·       He is very tender hearted.  If you speak too sternly to him he will cry. 
·       He worries about people who get hurt or that are sick.  He will continue to worry until you assure him they are okay.
·       He loves our dog, Delta.
·       He can point out businesses in town and let me know what their name is.  (Ex. McDonald’s Popeyes, Back Yard Burgers, Sonic etc.)  Mayberry is famous for fast food restaurants.  We don’t have anywhere decent to eat.
·       He likes to talk about things he is going to do when he grows up.
·       If he wants to do something that is for babies I will tell him no.  He asks if he can do it when he “grows down”!!!
·       He loves to learn about Jesus.  We read about him every night.

1 comment:

heatherstockett said...

Your baby weight is in your BELLY! It's not in your face or your hips. If it was, I just wouldn't say anything. Seriously, I don't know where you've put 27 pounds. Enjoy what you can (I know you probably hate people telling that).

Give Ford a kiss for me...or a tractor, he would probably like that better.

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...