Saturday, March 24, 2012

Enough for Africa

Toto’s little room is coming along.  I told y’all on my last post to stay tuned for pictures of the furniture that Puddin painted.  Well, it’s done and looks quite nice in my opinion.  I am not much of a painter, and Puddin loves a project so I think we work well together!
The dresser before paint....
In the process of being painted….
 
And the final product in Toto’s room…
His room has two little closets with a window in between.  The first idea we had was to do a window seat with some storage below, but we opted for another dresser instead. 
Before……

And after….
I am not sure how to arrange the drawers.  We also scratched the blue drawer on the ride home from Puddin and Pop’s house so it will have to be fixed. 
 
I told Puddin that she could have a new hobby of redoing furniture and selling it on Ebay.  I think she might be too busy for all that, but it was a good thought on my part.
I think Trey is about ready to beat me.  My pregnancy hormones are in full swing and I am demanding a lot.  I had him go into the attic today and get the tub of newborn-6 months baby clothes down so I could start washing stuff.  He doesn’t understand why I am doing all of this stuff with 3 months to spare.  I have a really scary/horrible/disturbing feeling that this baby is coming early or I will get put on bed rest of something uncool like that. 
I started washing some clothes tonight.  NO ONE buy me any onesies.  I have enough to clothe the entire continent of Africa.  I don’t know where all the things came from, but they are in all sizes and colors.  This baby really is fixed up as far as clothes are concerned.  I told my mom I really don’t need that much stuff.  I’d like some wash clothes, hooded bath towels, some baby monitors, and a diaper bag.  Of course other items like diapers and wipes are always needed, but I am in good shape here.
Ford’s little friend, James, had a birthday party today at his grandparents’ house.  We went to celebrate with them and have some cake. 



 
Since we added a room onto our house for Toto we lost our back porch that we never sat on.  We are adding a patio area with an arbor onto our house.  We also tore down part of our wooden fence and will replace it with a rout iron one soon.  Ford has enjoyed playing in the dirt.  I will be soooooooooo glad when all construction is complete at my house and we can maybe live normally for a while.  I won’t hold my breath though.  

12 weeks until Toto is here….

1 comment:

heatherstockett said...

Trey, let her wash clothes. She's nesting :)

Jill, get off your feet!! :) I can't believe you only have 12 weeks left!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...