Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Project

I am not a project person.  I enjoy the simple life.  For example, a friend at school has been pestering me all week to go somewhere with her on Friday and I refuse to.  Finally she just said, “Why?”  I told her I am not fun.  I would rather be at home lounging in my pajamas than go pretty much anywhere.  Like I said, I like the simple life. 
Being pregnant isn’t always simple, especially when it comes to the location of where your child will sleep.  I don’t believe in putting babies in the bed with the parents.  I didn’t sleep with my parents and Ford doesn’t sleep with us.  Since Toto is steadily baking away it is a necessity that he will have a room.  We do have a room in our house that he could have, but I hate to give up my guest room/office. 
Before I ever got pregnant I ran the idea across Trey that we should enclose our back porch.  We have no view and our back yard is so tiny only a lap pool could fit back there.  Delta is the only one who spends any time back there.  Trey agreed and we had someone come and look at “my” project idea.  Last week they finally started on Toto’s room.
Before construction began……

Today when I came home I was amazed at what all they had done.  This is the view which used to look into our back yard.  There will be two closets on either side of the window and a window seat below.
 
If you were looking from the backyard this is on the left side of the room.  They are cutting a hole in the wall to make a door into my bedroom.  Ford is showing off the tools the men left behind. 
 
This is the right side of the room.  That door currently goes into our guest bedroom and will be replaced with an interior door. 
 
And the outside
Today it was really nice outside.  After school Ford wanted to ride his tractor.  I thought that was a good idea since we had some sticks to pick up in the yard.  After a few minutes of riding and getting stuck where the mole has terrorized our yard, he wanted to play baseball.  I figured I could capture the moment on my phone.  I’m glad I was holding my phone in front of my face when he hit the ball.  It smashed right into my phone which would have otherwise been my face! 
 
It seems like every time I bathe Ford he uses the bathroom in the water.  Then we have to let the water out all the while he is giggling.  Tonight I put him on the potty and told him to tee tee before we had our bath.  He sat up there and talked and played.  There was no tee tee action.  Finally I told him if he didn’t tee tee I was going to put something white on his head.  He said, “What you might put, momma?”  After a few more seconds I attacked him with the shaving cream.  I think I might have started something!!!  He loved it! 
I really am embarrassed to write this, but honesty is part of my policy so here we go.  I am sure Trey Lamar is thinking please God don’t let her write something about me!!  It’s not about you baby.  Okay… so yesterday I had cereal for breakfast and I had a small lunch (frozen Lean Cuisine).  Needless to say I was starving most of the day.  Me being hungry isn’t a good thing because I can get cranky, but me being hungry and pregnant is a really bad thing.  This morning I decided to eat more than just cereal, I prepared Ford’s favorite breakfast.  Cinnamon Rolls!!  You know the kind that come 5 in a can that you put the icing on yourself.  Okay, well I ate 3.  Yes, 3.  Let’s get passed that because this story gets much worse.  After I got to school, signed in, and went to the morning devotional, I came back to find someone left McDonald’s on my desk.  I am very picky about what I eat, but noticed when I opened it that it was my favorite, a chicken biscuit.  I ran across the hall to ask my friend Drew if she left it and she said she did.  What do you think I did?  Well, I ate it of course.  The next thing I know, Ruth, one of my students, comes in with me a chocolate twisty donut.  Her mom is Liz, my old trainer.  I said what in the world is this, job security for your mom?  Ruth insisted that I eat it right away or it wouldn’t taste good later.  I told Ruth I would throw up on her if I ate it then, but promised to eat it at snack.  Which I did!!!  I guess by 9:00 I consumed about 5,000 calories.  Okay, you can think less of me now.
This is Ruth….

I felt Toto kick with my hand for the first time tonight.  I guess all that good food this morning really got him all excited!!

2 comments:

Lauren and Nick Miller said...

You crack me up:)

Ashley said...

oh it is looking good!! I like the idea of the window seat..get them to make it open up to store toys in! what is Delta going to do?

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...