Sunday, January 29, 2012

The "Word" and the Fairy

Weekends seem to pass so quickly around here and then it’s back to the regular work week.  I haven’t blogged since we found out that Toto was a boy so I feel like I missed out on a few pictures here and there. 
Last weekend Trey and I went to the DeSoto County Crystal Ball which had a Star Wars theme this year.  I jokingly told Trey that he only takes me to stuff like that when I am pregnant.  And yes, I have on the same black dress I wore to the Governor’s Inaugural Ball.  I just can’t justify spending a lot of money on a cocktail dress I can only wear a few times.  Plus it isn’t glamorous shopping for them while pregnant. 
 
Last Sunday Ford was a little stir crazy so I decided a field trip would be necessary.  We put on our play clothes and went to the playground at my school.  He thought he was so big out there. 

 
Yesterday was sweet Jack’s first birthday party.  My sister in law is so creative and came up with a “snowman” party theme idea.  It was delicious!    





 
So why the title of my blog??... The “Word and the Fairy”.  I don’t know why it has started, but it has.  The word... WHY?   Who knew one little 3 letter word could be so annoying?  Oh but it is.  He has always asked why a few times a day, but now we are upwards at 100-200 times a day.  He asks a question, you answer it, and he says why.  Eventually I say “because” or “because I said so.”  I know this is how he learns, but one can only handle so much. 
Here is Ford with the cupcake I bought him on Monday.  We shared it in honor of his having a brother. 
 
We had lunch yesterday and Ford decided to entertain us with his goofy faces.  We both laughed and it only egged him on to keep up his performance.    
And what about the fairy??... well, I decided that we might need to cut back on our pacifier use.  Ford loves his paci or pappy.  He has gotten bad about wanting one anytime we are home.  He has easy access to them since they stay in his bed.  Yesterday, I made a new rule.  He can only have them in his bed when he is napping in the afternoon or sleeping at night.  It wasn’t so smooth yesterday morning.  Ford was on the couch screaming, “But momma, I’m not a big boy.  I’m a baby!!”  I stuck to my guns and we made it through the day.  This morning I had to put his baby gate up so he couldn’t sneak in there to grab one.  He loves those things.  It’s going to be like taking crack away from a crack addict.  I don’t want to be the bad guy and I know Trey doesn’t want to either.  We have blamed poor cousin Baby Jack for taking his bottles and I don’t want Ford to hate Jack so I am not pinning this one on him too.  I told Ford that soon the Pappy Fairy would come during the night and take them away and give them to a little boy or girl who needed them.  I am not so sure he likes the idea of that, but I don’t think he knows what to do.  I am not sure if he or I will have a harder time.  I hate thinking of my baby growing up.  I know I am about to have another baby and Ford needs to make some positive changes, but this growing up stuff if hard. 
This morning we went back to Memphis for Molly Cate’s baptism.  After church we went to eat at an Asian’s place called, Noodles.  The cousin’s saying goodbye. 

Everyone have a good last few days of January…   

1 comment:

Kim Sandidge said...

I am friends with Brittany Wilson and saw your blog last year and have been following ever since. I love your honesty and how you do not sugar coat anything! I always joke about my "Mother of the year moments" especially since the papi fairy came to our house when my child was 4... little issue there with her not being ready and me not wanting her to grow up so quick, but it worked! Love keeping up with your sweet family!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...