Monday, January 23, 2012

Toto is a BOY!!

The final results on the poll for the gender of Baby Lamar were 33 girl/5 boy.  You five people were right on!!!!  Last night when I was lying down with Ford it all of a sudden hit me that the baby in my belly wasn’t a girl like I had been thinking for 18 weeks, but a boy.  I told Trey this morning on our drive to Memphis that I thought the baby was a boy.  He wasn’t much into that conversation.  He is more of the wait it out type and discuss later. 
I had to drink 32 ounces of water an hour before the ultra sound.  It was miserable.  When I got to the office I asked if I could use the bathroom.  I was denied.  I sat in the waiting room completely uncomfortable and squirming around.  Eventually, I high tailed it into the lobby and just had to go to the bathroom a bit.  I was called back and the ultra sound tech started doing all the measurements of the baby.  I was very uncomfortable.  I was holding Trey’s hand, or better yet digging my fingernails into the palm of his hand.  I hate an ultra sound.  Most people love them.  Not me.  I have been lying in that chair before and gotten some bad news on Baby Lamar #1, so it makes me a nervous wreck.  I thought I was going to cry due to nerves, excitement, and the fact that I desperately needed to go to the bathroom.  Toto wasn’t cooperating fully so she tilted the chair back.  Ohhhhhhh my bladder didn’t like that.  She then said we could get the family.  I asked if she was 100% sure she knew what the baby was.  She said, "We can’t say for 100%, but yes I know." 
The family came in and she said we would be having a boy.  I was shocked because now it’s all so real.  I wasn’t shocked she said boy.  I might have fallen off the chair had she said girl though.  YES, I am excited.  I have been completely amazed with how many people have asked me if I am okay with having another boy.  Of course I am.  All I wanted was a healthy baby and that is what I have right now.  I only thought I was having a girl since this pregnancy has been completely different than with Ford. 

Ford is super excited about the baby in my belly.  We are still trying to convince him that he is having a little brother.  He told me tonight in the bath tub that he wanted the baby to be a girl.  I told him God thinks he needs a baby brother.  Then I explained all the cool things brothers could do together and he liked my ideas.  I also bought some blue iced cookies for him to take and share at school with his friends tomorrow!  That idea also sounded very good to him too.

We don’t have a name for Toto yet, but have some prospects in the works.  And hopefully the men are coming this week to start building Toto’s room onto our house.  Let the craziness begin!

3 comments:

Maria said...

I am so excited for you all! Life with two boys is going to be exciting! Hope to see you all soon.
Maria

P.s. check out my new blog I started. You and Ashley inspired me!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! They will have so much fun playing tractors and trucks together!

Kimberly Roberts Moore said...

Congrats Jill!! That is wonderful news!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...