Tuesday, February 7, 2012

NOT Sugarcoated

People in the south tend to sugarcoat things.  I am guilty of it for sure.  I don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings, and sometimes you just say what you think someone wants to hear and move on with the conversation.  Then there are those people who don’t seem to have a filter on their mouth and will say whatever they are thinking. 
I am sure you are wondering where I am going with my rambling.  Well, today while I was at work a guest was in our building, of which I knew.  She told me congratulations on being pregnant and asked when I was due.  I said, “Not until the end of June.  I know I am big already though.”  She smiled and said, “No, you’re not.”  We said a few more things and I turned and started to walk away.  The lady hollered back to me and said, “I changed my mind once you turned around.”  WHO says that?  She basically screamed “WIDE LOAD” right in my face!!!!  I was completely baffled by her comment, and NO, she wasn’t kidding. 
Ford and I enjoy doing fun activities after school.  Yesterday’s activity included a trip to the carwash.  My white car was looking rather tan and needed a good rinsing.  Ford has been intrigued by the carwash now for several weeks.  So yesterday was the big day.  I went inside to pay for the wash and then we waited in line.  While we waited we discussed the washing process and what would happen once we were inside.  Ford does much better when he knows what to expect.  He got very excited….

 
The freaked out and started screaming, “I want to go home!”  Home is Ford’s place of comfort.  I had to quickly get him out of his seat and let him come in the front with me.  We completed the cycle and I drove out of the carwash and he said, “I not go back in there, momma.”  We tried. 
 
I don’t know if you are a shower cap owner or not, but I am.  It’s a fine investment I might add.  Ford even enjoys modeling mine on occasion. 
 
On Saturday we went to Sam’s and Ford preferred a new form of buggy riding.    
 
The paci fairy has come twice already and taken 4 pacis.  We have 5 more to go.  So far so good.  I am really going slowly with this process because I don’t want my baby to grow up too quickly. 
I don’t know who all reads my blog, but if you have children I have a great book to recommend to you….

Ford got it for Christmas from Uncle Ken and Aunt Ashley.  We read a story every night before bed.  Ford knows the nighttime routine and after we brush his teeth he says, “Are we going to read about Jesus?”  He moves around and fidgets while I read but he is definitely paying attention because he will stop me to ask questions.  There is plenty he doesn’t understand because it’s actually geared towards children who are a little older, but when we finish I always tell him what it was about on his level.  Then the next night we review what we talked about the night before, before we begin reading a new story.  Tonight we read about Zacchaeus and Ford lit up like a light.  We then had to sing about Zacchaeus climbing up in the sycamore tree.  It’s a great way to teach your children about Jesus!

Fancy, Trey, has been super busy.  I am proud of him and all his hard work.  He sent me this link today….

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...