Tuesday, February 16, 2010

It must be coming by snail mail



Last week we finally made it to the doctor for Ford’s 9 month check up. We were only about a week late. As mentioned earlier, I was not pleased with our pediatrician so I decided to switch to a new one. We finally found someone who would take my form of insurance, and I made Trey go with me to this appointment. As soon as we got there they said to strip Ford down to his diaper to be weighed. We did so and he weighed 19.1 pounds. Once we got back to the exam room and he hit the exam table, with the crinkly white paper, he went nuts. Neither Trey nor I could keep the little man still. He was having the best time and when the doctor came in the room he decided he would help him with his computer and stethoscope. This man was very informative and answered all of our questions and even told us some things we didn’t think to ask. We left feeling much better about everything.

On the way home I called Gran, my mom, to give her a report and she told us she was shopping. Surprised??? Of course not…not only is she the coupon queen, but she loves to shop too. We went and met her at Dillard’s where Ford had a lovely time checking out the shelves and helping the clerk bag things up.



UPSIDE-DOWN PIZZA

2 pounds ground chick
1 cup chopped onion
1 (15 oz.) con tomato sauce
1 (1 ¼ oz.) envelope spaghetti sauce mix
1 (8 oz.) carton sour cream
2 cups (8 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
1 (8 oz.) can refrigerated crescent rolls

Brown ground chuck and onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until meat crumbles; drain and return to skillet. Stir in tomato sauce and spaghetti sauce mix; cook over low heat 10 minutes, stirring often.
Spoon beef mixture into a lightly greased 13x9 inch baking dish; top with sour cream, and sprinkle with cheese. Unroll crescent rolls, and place over cheese. Bake, uncovered at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

Looking at the snow

Our microwave stopped working 23 days ago. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to live life to the fullest without a piece of modern-day technology in your house? We called the repair man to come fix it and he had to haul her off to diagnose the problem. Seems she needs a new part and apparently they are sending it by snail mail. I have had to boil water to heat the little man’s bottles which takes longer than the microwave. You don’t know what you have til it’s gone!

We went to Jackson this past weekend for a friend’s engagement party.
My roommate from freshman and sophomore years, Jane

My roommate from sophomore year summer and senior year, Taylor


The quarter collecting is coming along nicely incase anyone was worried. I actually talked a fellow teacher friend of mine into collecting as well and she made me this handy-dandy map! My mom called and offered to give me 3 state quarters and I said that would be cheating. I must collect them on my own. Trey and I ate at BYB this past weekend and the man gave me a state I already had and an old quarter with an eagle on it. I almost asked him for a do-over, but I didn’t want to come across as pushy. You just have to take what you can get I guess.

Checking things out on the outside
Take 5 Tuesday….

5 Random Facts About Myself…

1. I pluck my eyebrows every night. Every few months I go for a good eyebrow waxing. I always ask to see the strip after they pull it off. I love to see how good they did! Weird I know.
2. Bananas make my throat itch.
3. I don’t like to wear the same outfit to the same place too often. For instance, I haven’t worn the same outfit to work yet since I started on January 4. Yes, I have worn the same pants but not a complete outfit twice.
4. I take pride in knowing my highway mile markers on I-55. For instance, if you were driving North on I-55 and said you were at mile marker 174 I would tell you that you were at Vaiden.
5. I wake up at 5:30 every week day morning and have the exact same routine everyday.

5 comments:

The Gilreath's said...

Jill,
I love your black dress. I am looking for one for a wedding that I am an honorary b-maid. Will you message me on facebook and tell me where you got it.
Kate

Unknown said...

It was great seeing ya'll last weekend! Ford cracks me up. I have got to stop by and see him the next time im in Tobie. He is so cute!!

heatherstockett said...

How cute is Ford on the shelves?! And I love that dress-very pretty!!

Janice said...

I am the exact same way about clothes. I have a very small wardrobe, but I try so hard to not wear the exact same outfit to work two times. Glad you found a good dr. That is really hard and stressful!

Margaret said...

I have a recipe very similar to this and we're having it tonight!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...