Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I'm coming home



Yesterday was a bummer. We received a district wide e-mail about a budget meeting that afternoon. When we arrived at the meeting we were told that our head baseball coach had been killed in a one car accident and then that some jobs would be cut for the following school year. Since the economy isn’t doing too well right now I didn’t feel like my current job had a lot of “job security.” The middle school principal approached me about two weeks ago and offered me a third grade teaching position. I told her I would get back with her. After some prayer, deep thoughts, wise counsel from others, and the budget meeting, I am coming home third grade. I will be back in the regular education classroom in August.


More bad news….

Ford is on ear infection number 4. I guess if we have one more then we will be eligible for tubes. The sitter called today and said he had 103 and she had to wake him up after 3.5 hours. The child rarely sleeps 2 hours, much less 3.5. Trey and Gran took Ford to the doctor. The little guy just doesn’t feel well. He took a nap in my arms this afternoon and then at bath time he sat there and chattered. So sad! I hate when he doesn’t feel 100%. Please pray that his ears will miraculously clear up or that we can get tubes and he can stop suffering.

Changing the subject….

Trey and I love The Bachelor. I secretly think he may love the show more than I do, but would NEVER admit that. Last night we were about to start watching it and I asked him if he wanted me to make some homemade chocolate chip cookies. He told me we didn’t “need” them. I told him of course we didn’t “need” them but I really “wanted” them. Needless to say Betty Crocker won out and I got to baking. It made quite a lot of cookies so I took some to school with me today. I was telling a teacher in the hallway that I put some in the lab and my dear, sweet, former student, Lucy, overhead the conversation and asked if I were going to post the recipe on my blog. She is a religious blog reader. So Lucy this is for you….

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

½ cup butter, softened
½ cup shortening
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
½ cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 ½ cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups (12 oz) semisweet chocolate morsels
1 cup chopped pecans (optional)

Beat butter and shortening at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugars, beating well. Add eggs and vanilla, beating well. Combine flour, soda, salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating well. Stir in chocolate morsels and pecans. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes.

Having a melt-down because the chocolate pudding was gone...


Did you know that Christmas is still coming in February??? Earlier this month Trey and I went to see The Jersey Boys compliments of Puddin and Pops and this past weekend we celebrated using yet another one of our Christmas present. Trey and I, along with another couple, spent the night at The Como Inn on Main. It’s an amazing bed and breakfast place just south of here. We went and ate supper at the Como Steak house and then walked basically next door to our swanky pad for the evening. You really need to pull the place up. We stayed in room 204. www.comoinnms.com I do recommend this joint to you!

One paci is just not enough.... He must have 3

So tonight I decided I needed a hamburger for supper. Since I am trying to collect state quarters and I never have cash I ran by the ATM on the way to Wendy’s. I got my $10.00 out and headed that way. My order was $6.62. I handed the lady $10.12. My plan was to get $3.50 back in change with the hopes that the 2 quarters would be state quarters that I didn’t have. When I handed her the $10.12 she freaked and said “It ain’t $0.12 it’s $0.62.” I told her I knew that but I wanted to get $0.50 back in change. She said “Oh.” I didn’t know I was going the throw her off so bad. And after all of her rudeness the two quarters I got had eagles on them! Ahhhhhhhh I may never get all 50.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

poor baby...I will make his some pudding this weekend!

Audra Laney said...

Hi there. :) Found your blog through a friend's site. Ford is a cutie pie! So sorry for Senatobia's loss this past week...

Ryan, Reed, and Pearce Toms said...

Jill! Hey!! Found your blog through Ashley's. I don't know WHY I never put it together that she was your sister-in-law! That's awesome. Anyway, Ford's a doll baby. Can you believe how fast these boys grow up :( Hope to see y'all soon.

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...