Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Will you collect too????


I have absolutely no problem admitting my nerdy qualities. Trey laughs at me all the time and asks me why I do the things I do etc… like singing and making up songs for Ford, telling stories in strange voices, dancing around the living room… you know all that fun stuff. Anyway, I decided that I want to try to collect all the 50 state quarters. I know some of you people are saying that is so old and you did that like 8 years ago. Well, I wasn’t on that kick then but it occurred to me on Sunday that it could be fun. I was holding 4 quarters in my hand and one was dated 1984, another 1987 and I had 2 with states on them. That is when the genius idea hit me!!! I probably only have a few in my purse but I plan to attempt to collect them all. This will be no easy task being that I use my debit card so much and never have cash. I highly recommend you trying it as well.

Playing with Daddy


SLOPPY JOE LOAF

¾ pound ground beef (I just used a pound)
½ cup chopped onion
1 (14 ½ oz.) can diced tomatoes, with garlic and onion, undrained
2 Tbs brown sugar
2 Tbs white vinegar
1 (1-pound) loaf Italian bread
1 ½ cups (6 oz.) shredded nacho-and-taco cheese blend

Brown ground beef and onion in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring until beef crumbles; drain and return to skillet. Add tomatoes, brown sugar, and vinegar; cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes.
Slice bread in half lengthwise, place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425 for 5 minutes or until toasted. Spread bread halves with meat mixture, and top with cheese. Bake at 425 for 12 minutes or until cheese melts and loaf is thoroughly heated. Cut each half into 3 pieces.

** Trey and I had this for lunch one Saturday and I made real fries to go with it. I didn’t use the entire loaf of bread, only about 1/3 of it. We saved some of the meat and had it again the next day. It was pretty good!!

Puddin and Pop gave Trey and I tickets to see the Jersey Boys for Christmas. We went this past Saturday night and it was fantastic. We started the day off going to my parents house to celebrate my dad’s, Boompa’s, birthday.

Eating ice cream at Boompa's party
My cousins

Mommy and me
Trey and I left that evening and went to eat at Folks Folly. It’s a delicious restaurant in Memphis. After seeing our bill I told Trey Happy Valentines Day!!! We left Folks Folly and headed down Poplar (I HATE that street) to the Orpheum!!! I didn’t grow up during the era of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons but ohhhhhhhhh was it good! I could have watched it 5 more times!

On the way to Jersey Boys

We were out yet again for snow yesterday. That would make 4 days total since being back in school from Christmas. Ford and I got geared up to tackle the cold weather and soggy snow.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

So... for this past Christmas my mom gave me a collection of every state quarter in a great book that she has been collecting since i was in High School...so get ready to commit to the time it will take :) BUT in saying that it is one of the most special and unique things that I own, great idea!!

Ashley said...

Caroline looks scared, and her hair is a mess, and I think those are Molly Cate's boots! Can you tell I did not bring them??

Katie said...

Why am I not surprrised that you are collecting quarters. You never let me down. Tell Trey that I sing and dance for Josie, too. And she happens to love it!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...