Saturday, January 30, 2021

Warts....They are a problem

So all of my children have been blessed with the "wart virus".  Being that it's a virus, it comes and goes.  Neither one of the boys currently has any warts, however, Annie does.  Annie has been battling them on her fingers for about a year.  She's a nail biter, which I think makes it worse.

We have tried all the at home remedies: duct tape, apple cider vinegar, etc.  They didn't work for sister.  Finally I sent a dermatologist a picture of her hands and asked if she could help.  She said she could so we went to see her on Thursday. 


She decided to try beetle juice.  It didn't hurt going on.  After the medicine was applied she out bandaids over the warts.  She put the sticky part of the bandaid directly on the wart.

Trying not to get them wet at bath time.

Simple tasks became difficult.  She slept in the bandaids.

Friday morning I woke her up.  I told her it was time to take off the bandaids.  I guess they had started feeling sensitive so she was very nervous.  We pulled the top one off and it ripped skin off.  Did you hear her yelling at your house?  She was hysterical from 6:00-7:30 AM.  It was up there with the worst parenting moments in my life.  The pain was terrible.   I was late for work.  She went to school in one slipper, her pajamas, and a coat that was a size 3T because I could stretch the arms enough where she could get her hands through without touching.  Puddin came to get her at 10:30.





Saturday



It was traumatic and dramatic.  It was horrible.  They look horrific.  Her dermatologist has checked on her twice and said they look exactly as they should.  So here's to hoping they'll be gone very soon.

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...