Friday, February 15, 2019

The flu is spreading like wild fire

 We’ve had no shortage of entertainment around here.  For starters, there is no such thing as boring at the Lamar household.  However, when you add in constant sickness, you know flu and strep in multiple kids, the fun shoots through the roof.

I am a germ freak by nature.  It’s a gift.  I am pretty sure Trey wishes I weren’t, but I’ll have you know that it’s kind of rubbing off on him.  So, on Monday Ford comes into my classroom about 5 minutes before the day is over to deliver something from his teacher.  He starts complaining that’s he’s felt bad ALL day long.  I look at him sort of puzzled because we had crossed paths more than once and that was the first I had heard of it.  He begged not to have to attend gymnastics with Sister and Bitty’s basketball practice.  Puddin saved the day and he went to her house.

By the time I arrived to pick him up at 6:00, he had a fever of 101.  SO we traded kids.  I took Ford to the RedMed and she kept the littles.
 Scary is...seeing many many people with masks on because they have all kinds of funky germs.  And when you are afraid of funky germs, you mask up too.  Be a follower of those who wear masks.
 Flu it is....
 Being the good Puddin she is, she braved the germs and kept Ford on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Bobba kept him on Thursday so I could work.
 Therefore, I didn't have to miss the animal man who came to school with wild and exotic animals.
 My sweet Valentine's
 I sneaked to watch Fancy live presenting his oral argument...
 Sometimes it's just easier to throw the littles in the tub together.
 I really, really, really want my kids to look back in their file one day and say, "My momma made holidays special."  I tried to decorate a little bit for Valentine's Day.
 We've been studying dictionary skills all week in class.  My sweet Lily walked in with her mom's red dictionary from her school days.  I was immediately taken back to the early 90's when I too had the same dictionary.  Lucky for me, I had a copy on hand!
 I LOVE being able to run down the hill to see my babies and participate in their parties.
 Then I made my way to see Bitty's party.
 I think he wasn't feeling 100%
 Within an hour of school dismissing for the day, Bit and I were at the RedMed.
This baby had the flu and strep.  He has never missed school because of sickness until today.
 Annie is still standing strong in the battle against the flu.  She enjoyed her morning at school watching a big boy show them how to rope a bull.  I think she most enjoyed Eli, her boyfriend, coming to hang out.
 Annie said she got roped.
One great thing about teaching at a private school is that we can openly talk about God.  Today I had Mary, the children's minister from my church, come and talk about creation and salvation with my class.  She did a phenomenal job.  
 And dear Puddin had another day with another sick kid.
Here's to hoping no one else gets sick.

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...