Friday, November 9, 2018

So many Grands

Sometimes we wonder why God puts us in certain places at certain times.  Before I began working at the children's school, I had interviewed, been accepted, and taken a job with the state as a traveling literacy coach.  The interview was extremely intense, I was sure I had bombed the 7 panel interview, and low and behold I was offered a job.  I never had a peace about the job.  Literally, I worried ALL summer long about the logistics of how it would work in our current family situation.  God knew that wasn't the fit for us, and he opened a door that was perfect for me to be at school with the kids.  I am grateful EVERY single day to be with my personal children and my school children.

Last Tuesday I was extremely grateful to be there.  All the third graders were in the gym practicing for Grandparent's Day.  I was talking to another teacher and had my eyes off of the 52 children.  The teacher said, "Jill, Ford is down!"  I turned around to see my child who had been up and singing laying in a lifeless, odd, not natural position on the floor.  I ran over to him, scooped him up and quickly sat on the bleachers.  He was as limp as a noodle, not responsive, gray colored, and his eyes were rolling back.  I quickly took him to the office where he was given a coke and candy bar.  He came to his senses, wanted to eat lunch, and then Trey took him to the doctor.  After a check up he came back to school.  Several minutes later the teacher was calling saying he was gray and dizzy again.  We followed up with the pediatrician, blood work and an EKG.  All the tests have come back normal.  He's still "not right" in the sense that dizziness is occurring some and he claims not to feel ok.  But God knew I needed to be in that gym when my baby was going to pass out.  Pray for answers as we try to get to the bottom of this situation.

Last week "The Bit" was Star Student!!!!!!
 Everyday he had to bring a book and a Show and Tell.  On this particular day he brought his art portfolio!
 Ford's pumpkin project where he had to make a character out of a book.
 The big man turned 9.5 years old on November 1.
 Monday was Grandparent's Day.  My babies had 5 grandparents in attendance.

Bobba and Annie
 BoomPa and Mrs. Patty
The party favors
 I might have snuck down there!!!
 Puddin and Pops
 Bitty's group did some singing too!
 
 And I sure did keep my eyes on Ford the entire time.  He felt dizzy while he was singing this day too.
They're so fortunate to have so many Grands!!!!!!!

No comments:

February recap

Axton and Griff both played on Ford's BPA travel team last year and this year that came to our school!!! "Momma, take my picture!&q...