Monday, October 1, 2018

Not cultured

We last concluded midway through Homecoming 2018 week- "Big Chiefs, Bright Lights!"  

Day 4- Broadway Musical Day

I will never claim to be cultured in the field of Broadway musicals.  This one was a little tough for me.  It's not like we have an abundance of costumes and random attire floating around our house.  So I thought.  Well, reverse, I didn't think for me, because my outfit/character/costume was planned by my students and some parents, I had to think of my kids.

The boys went as "Grease" characters....
Image may contain: Jill Anthony Lamar, sitting and shoes
Image may contain: 1 person, sitting, shoes, living room and indoor
And Sister went as Cats...
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, indoor
Image may contain: 3 people, including Jill Anthony Lamar, people smiling, people standing and indoor
I, on the other hand, was as ridiculously dressed as possible, in a mismatched getup, "Miss Hannigan" from the musical, "Annie."
Image may contain: 4 people, including Jill Anthony Lamar, people smiling, people standing
A fellow third grade teacher didn't leave me hanging, she was Miss Hannigan too!
Image may contain: Rachel McMinn Jackson and Jill Anthony Lamar, people smiling, people standing
All the third grade orphans...
Image may contain: 18 people, including Rachel McMinn Jackson, Hayley Mock Warren, Penny Hawks Frazier, Kim O'Connor Snow and Jill Anthony Lamar, people smiling, people standing
The orphans from my class...
 Her apron said, "Property of Miss Hannigan."
The school was decorated with cute props which we took advantage of...
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling
Image may contain: 1 person, standing, shoes and outdoor
Friday was more laid back... It was Spirit Day....
 The entire school got on the front lawn and had a HUGE tailgating fun day for over two hours.
 Bitty's class....
Then we had an extra special pep-rally...
 Bitty won the spirit award for his class....meaning he dressed up the best!  My hard work might have paid off!
By Friday night I was exhausted.  Saturday the babies went to stay with my brother and his crew in Germantown.
 Fancy and I went to Starkville to the MSU vs. Florida game.
 I touched a cowbell.  I did NOT ring it.
Aunt Ashley, as Ford calls her, Miss Ashley, as Bitty calls her, and Ti Ti Ashley, as Annie calls her, thought we needed a fish.  So, she bought my kids one!!!  Oxford Sam Lamar, aka "Ox" is the newest member of the Lamar clan.  When her kids come to visit, IT'S ON!!!!!!!!
No automatic alt text available.

No comments:

February recap

Axton and Griff both played on Ford's BPA travel team last year and this year that came to our school!!! "Momma, take my picture!&q...