Sunday, September 2, 2018

St. Jude Week

You know there are some weeks that are crazier than others?  Well, we’ve been having that around here.  If I weren’t married to a legislator, I wouldn’t know that Mississippi just spent lots of days in a special session.  Since I am married to one, I do know that.  My life doesn’t allow time for watching the news or reading the news, so if someone doesn’t tell me or I don’t read it on my Facebook newsfeed then I don’t have a clue.  Two weeks ago Trey was in Jackson on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.  He came home for the weekend and went back the next week on Monday- Wednesday.  These were two bad weeks for him to be gone.  The first week I had early duty and the second week was St. Jude week, which meant we dressed up every day.  Nothing like that alarm clock going off at 4:45 AM to let you know you’re proud to be an American!!!!!

My favorite room in our house is my closet, which my family likes to occupy sometimes.  You hang a right and it keeps going to my shoe collection.  I told Trey I wanted a big pink closet when we built our house.  Bitty was helping Fancy workout!
 St. Jude Day 1- Jersey Day....
 Monday night Annie started forevermore pitching a fit over her ears.  I hated to miss school for an ear infection since they aren't contagious and I only get 4 days off a year, so Puddin came to the rescue and took her to the doctor.
 Hold me momma!!!!!
 Day 2 was Cowboys and Indians....Ford didn't participate.
I love when I get pictures of my babies at school.  One day Annie's nose will hold those glasses up!
 Annie, Emery, and Dove
 One night while Trey was gone I let Bitty sleep with me.  At 1:00 Annie joined us.  When I woke up at 5:00, I found Ford next to me.  No clue when he wiggled his way in there.
 Day 3 was color day.... 3k-5k was green and third grade was yellow.
 The only yellow I own.... I have had these since college!!!!!!!
 Wednesday was also my basketball day.  I didn't play basketball.  I don't really know anything much about the sport, but they insisted that I play.  I'll do whatever to help the kids of St. Jude. 
 It was full court.... there was a mix of males and females.
 Some people were out for blood!
 I shot twice and missed, stole the ball from the ladies basketball coach and got hit in the head!
 Cardinal vs. Navy.... we won 28-19!!!  And the school raised around $19,000!!!!!!!!!
 Thursday was Hawaiian day!  The night before we were trying to find as much Hawaiian attire as possible.  Somehow during that process Annie got confused.  On Thursday I told her to come get dressed for school.  She gave me the death look and said she wasn't going to school.  I sort of gave it right back and said she was!  She said, "You told me we were going to Hawaii!!!!!!!!!"  That's a let down if there ever was one!
 Friday was hometown hero or superhero day....
 Superman....she waited ALL week for this one!
 The head football coach...
 Spiderman
 3k had been studying a unit on "Pets" so Trey brought Otis to school with his shock collar on!
 Annie's class, Bitty's class and my class all joined in the fun...
 Coach Young and Ford... I think he nailed it!
 Annie fits right in with her superhero boys...
 School pictures!!!!!!
Until next weekend.....

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...