Saturday, April 14, 2018

The struggle of the parenting gig....

Tonight as I sit here and blog some 10 days since my last post I feel sad.  I am sad because motherhood is hard.  There are many days or many hours of the day that I try to tackle the parenting gig alone.  I’m not one to have great patience…. I lose my cool at times.  I get frustrated.   I get mad when I asked 4-5 times and my kids ignore me.  I raise my voice.  A lot of times I wonder if they even hear me???  As all 4 of us lay down tonight, Annie was pushing my buttons.  She wouldn’t mind.  She was talking, crying, complaining, wiggling, etc.  Finally I said, “I’m done.”  And I left the room.  Naturally she ran after me screaming and crying.  I told her I’d come back if she would lie down and not talk.  She fell asleep fairly quickly when the room finally grew quiet.  I put my hand on Ford’s face and apologized for the hard day.  I said I was sorry for not having enough patience and tomorrow would be better.  He is such a sweet child and just rubbed my hand.

Meanwhile, Fancy has been out in Texas hunting turkeys and sending pictures of rattle snakes...
Another hard aspect added to my already frazzled state of motherhood, is my dad sold his house.  Now I never lived in this house since my parents moved to Olive Branch several months after I married, but I do have many memories here.  It's not just the house, but the things inside that have moved with us from Carthage, to Hernando, to West Point, to Southaven, to Hattiesburg, and then to Olive Branch.  I cared for my mother in her fight against Pancreatic Cancer in this house.  Yes, my dad did the right thing by selling and moving to Laurel, because there's no sense in them having two houses, but the memories that I have are hard to think about right now.
Last weekend, Ford played baseball in Oxford.  It was nearly freezing...literally.
 There aren't enough articles of clothing for such.... wind was involved too.
 Oh and Ford has been diagnosed with strep the day before.
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling
Otis is gone to doggie school.  I saw him a week after he'd gone and I saw regression.  Good luck folks... He's a bad dog!!!!!!

Monday the boys' school had their big fundraiser.  I'm assistant treasurer on Parents Club so I had to go to the bank.  I had helpers!
 Annie loved the bounces...
 That night Trey was mowing our yard because I was asked to have Who's Who pictures at my house the next day.  Well, he got the mower stuck.  Then he got his truck stuck!
 Wednesday and Thursday I subbed in Bitty's class.  They were on letters Qq and Kk.  We made crowns to be kings and queens!
 Wednesday I took Ford to the eye doctor since 2/3 of my kids have glasses.  I needed to know for peace of mind if he was blind too.  He's good with 20/20.
 Before he left for Texas....
 Thursday was also a rough day of parenting.  All 3 children were exhausted from a busy weekend and week.  They were emotional.  I had them all snoring by 7:15.
 Friday I went with Ford on his class field trip to The Pink Palace.  This was the first field trip I had been on with him since kindergarten.  The struggle is real with 3 kids!!!!!!
 He is so nerdy.  He wanted to read everything in that museum.  I am glad he likes to learn.  He gets on these kicks where he wants to know about a certain topic.  We've obsessed over space, the Titanic, The Twin Towers, but this week it is Amelia Earhart.
 Cooper and Ford
 Wesley, Ford, Cooper, Zayden, Hayes, and Tanner
 Friday night we had supper at the farm with Puddin and Pops...
 Bitty's new thing....
 Brownie bowl licking is a favorite activity.
 Examples of the hard night I had tonight...
My brother is into health and fitness.  He often times sends me articles to read on various topics.  The latest was "probiotics".   Honestly, I didn't have a clue what they were, so I read up.  Then I ordered some for the kids and the adults of my house.  I tried the kids gummies and they weren't bad at all.  Ohhhhhhh but you'd think I was trying to make them eat dead bugs!!!!!!
I got a sinus cocktail shot last week and I'm assuming the steroids in there wired me.  I couldn't sleep, so I started googling stuff about detoxing.  I found these foot pads on Amazon and ordered them.
 Y'all.... the next morning they looked nasty!!!!!!!  I did it again 5 days later and not much black came off that night.  I was impressed.  I don't know if they did anything much, but I liked seeing some results.
 Here's to better days, more patience, and soaking up the time with my littles while I still have them under my roof.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh I had tears in my eyes reading the first part of your blog. Glad I'm not the only one that feels that way. Focus on the Family had a good podcast last week about motherhood and loosing it. I'm so glad I get new grace everyday. I apologized to Gaines last night 1.5 hours after my episode...he said "what do you mean? You did what?" He apparently didn't remember the yelling or the spanking. I pray all the time God makes them forget my reactions!!!!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...