Wednesday, April 18, 2018

No Competitive Bone

If you were to ask my dad, "Was Jill competitive growing up?"  He'd very quickly respond with a "NO, not at all.  She didn't have a competitive bone in her body."  That's true.  I could participate in anything, win or lose, and be just fine.  I didn't get mad if I didn't make the best grade, come in first in a sporting event, or win any other type of competition.  I guess I just went with the notion there was always someone better out there than me.  That doesn't mean I did try though.  

Now with my kids I am super competitive.  I want them to be the best they can be.  I want them to give 110%, try hard, be good winners, and even better losers.  Ford is still working on being a good loser, I think he gets that from his Uncle Ken.  He wasn't a graceful loser.  With all that being said, I want my kids to be ahead of the game academically.   I literally work my tail off with them at home.  Having three is hard because it's like a juggling act.  I teach Ford skills before the teacher does so when she introduces them he will have a head start.  Bitty can read about 50+ words and do math that I know will be taught in kindergarten.  Then there's Annie.  By kid #3 I am tired.  I need her to be smart and prepared, but the struggle is real.

So we are focusing on colors, shapes, and her name this week.  Painting to add to the fun...
 I push Ford.  I do.  I expect a lot out of him.  He's really smart and I know it.  I think that's why my expectations are so high.  This week he got to attend the All A's breakfast at school.
 Mississippi's weather is fabulous.  One day it's 37 and a few days later its 77.  When it's pretty we take advantage and play outside.  The littles and I took bikes to the park this week.
 Bitty, #4 on the Hornets, my little second baseman and the smallest on the team....
 His group had team pictures yesterday.  The photographer asked them to all stand up straight and tall so she could align them by height.  Bitty tried so hard, but was chosen last!!!!!!
 The face of a little sister who played in the dirt at the ball field.
 Today the kids and I rode the golf cart to see our friends' new baby.  On the way home it stopped going.  Battery gone bad.
 Since last fall Bitty has been really inquiring about being baptized.  I explained that being baptized doesn't get you into Heaven.  We've read our Children's Story Book Bible, and our book called, I'm a Christian Now.  He is very inquisitive, we discuss things at length, his attends church on Sunday AM and PM, choir, and church on Wednesday nights.  He's being fed multiple times a week.  Today he met with our children's minister and she said he's ready.  He's going to talk to the preacher soon and I'll see what he thinks.  Ford was 5 years and 3 months when he accepted Christ, so Bitty being almost 6 isn't so bad.  Thinking about this makes me emotional...there's no greater decision.

Ford read our devotion tonight...
 And they're all still sleeping in Annie's room.  I wonder when was the last time any of them even went upstairs????

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...