Sunday, October 15, 2017

The one we call "The Bit"

   To say math isn't my strong point would be an understatement.  I remember in first grade when my teacher introduced addition with numbers in the tens and hundreds place.  I didn't get it.  I had to stay in from recess to get help.  I remember in third grade when my teacher taught us long division.  Again, I didn't get it.  My dad would spend many nights at the kitchen table teaching me that day's lesson.  This mess went on into high school.... In ninth grade was Algebra I.... had a tutor because Ken and dad made me cry.  Please note I made A's and B's.  In tenth grade I had geometry and another tutor....I struggled for that A.  In eleventh grade was Algebra II and it kicked my tail.  I had a tutor and managed to score a C one nine weeks with B's the other.  My senior year I didn't take math.  Math and me are like oil and water!
   Then there are my kids.  I want them to be better at me at everything....especially math.  Luckily, they just get it.  Ford got the math award last year and claims it's his favorite subject.  Bitty has recently shown a strong interest in math.
 A few weeks ago he started up with time.  He wanted to know all about time.  He studied clocks and wanted to know what time it was often.  Now he can read a clock and can even figure out elapsed time which was hard for my third graders.  This morning on the way to church it was 9:32.  I asked him how much longer it was until 10:00 and he got it.

He is obsessed with adding.  And I'm not talking like 5+6.  I mean 71+71.   740+51    250+250    He gets it .  Gets them all.  I'm amazed.

He is figuring out multiplication on his own too.  I love that he's smart and wants to learn.
Just needed to document that my 5 year old is a stud and is super smart!

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...