Tuesday, October 17, 2017

She'd have let that nurse have IT

Annie loves her school days.... I think she feels big and important like her Bubbas.  When it's her days to stay home she asks to go to "my school".  Last week was the first time I have ever taken her when she cried.  She clung to me like a leech, and eventually I had to give her to the teacher.  Within minutes I received this picture of her smiling.  I told her teacher I wasn't worried, I knew she'd be fine.
I turned around the other day when we were playing outside and she was stripping.  Oh no!!!!
 Our lives are usually jam packed with activities and events filling up the calendar.  Friday morning I had a meeting, and when it was over I got my flu shot.  I started thinking that my children needed to get theirs too.  So Friday afternoon was the big day since our social calendar was clear.  I checked Ford out a few minutes early and we headed to the pediatrician.   Big brother opted to go first, and he did great.  There was a slight flinch when the needle went in, but that was all.  I asked Annie if she'd go next, and she agreed not knowing what was in store.  The nurse cleaned her arm with alcohol and then stuck the needle in her.  If Annie knew any curse words she'd have let that nurse have a piece of her mind.  Instead she looked at her terribly and started squalling.  Bitty, who had yet to have a turn, hid behind me screaming, crying, yelling, sobbing, that he was NOT getting a shot.  I picked him up on one hip while holding Annie on the other, both screaming, and plopped him on the table.  He decided to get a shot in his leg instead of his arm.  He freaked out when she injected the needle.  With two yelling kids in tow we left and headed to the gas station.  Did you know that gas station junk (candy) cures lots of tears!!!!!!!!
 And the shots did this to Bitty after supper.
 Saturday we went to soccer at 9:00, came home and showered, and got ready to see the Rebels play Vandy.
 Annie was royally TICKED she didn't have on a shirt like her brothers.  To make up for hurt feelings she got some eye black too.
 Ford brought a notebook to keep score in case the scoreboard messed up and possibly to make up some plays if the coaches needed help. 

(Might I add that today he started his first autobiography about his 8 year old life!!!!)
 Annie wanted to "hold that" (baby).  She said, "I hold that."  Sweet Conrad
 Emery and Annie
 So it was 90 degrees on that lovely Saturday, October 14th game.  Praises to God that not a lot of people sat around us in the stadium for the mere 20 minutes that Annie and I were in attendance.  She was DONE.
 The boys stayed the entire first quarter and then joined us back at the tent.
 We loaded up and left soon after.
 It was a rough, hot day for these two.
 And here's the playbook....
 The faces of happy children that their Rebels pulled through a victory.
 Sunday, after church, we continued The Lamar Family Pumpkin Picking Tradition....

Bitty, being Bitty that he is, always wants The Biggest!
 Ford acting goofy as usual...
 And Sister being Sister....

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...