Thursday, September 7, 2017

Sickness, lying, 100 months, and doves

Ohhh glory, I am behind on blogging again.  One would "think" that since I have 3 mornings a week kidless that I would be able to blog away.  Not the case.  I stay plenty busy, I promise.  I'm not sitting around eating bon bons and watching Kathie Lee and Hoda.  There's always stuff to be done.

For over a week now I haven't felt good and last Saturday sickness struck.  I had stomach bug like symptoms for 4 days until I finally drug myself out of bed to the doctor.  Who even knows what's wrong with me, but I am still far from 100%.  During my four day downtown this house turned into a total mess, which tells me I can't be getting sick again.

Onward.... Bitty is still working mighty hard on all of his artwork.  I'm glad we have an entrepreneur in the house.
He's hoping to score BIG bucks from Uncle TA for this farm: complete with a barn, tree, pasture, cows, horses, and manure.  The total package my friends!
The weather is turning out to be quite lovely.  I can stay out there longer than 2.5 seconds without heat exhaustion.  Sister wants to drive the riding toys all day.  However, steering isn't her thing.  She hasn't a clue how to steer.
 Some afternoons we just do this.....
 And play so hard that by 5:45 we can't stay awake!
 Annie is tough.  I suppose living with Ford and Bitty you better be tough or else you're in for a long life.  Well, she is also abusive apparently.  Last Thursday I was speedy quick trying to mow before we got hit with our part of Hurricane Harvey.  I had the littles playing in the driveway.  All of a sudden I see Bitty screaming and crying (this is normal daily behavior) and heading towards me.  He proceeds to tell me that Annie pushed him into the driveway.  Annie says the bicycle did it.  Annie also lies!
 I don't love Pinterest.  Things on there make me feel inadequate.  Just saying.  They do.  However, I got on there last week to look up restoring antique mantles and built in bookshelves (new project I have going on) and saw ALL the fall ideas.  I decided I too could spray paint pumpkins gold and I did!
 They look lovely out in my house!

 The babies before school....
 The Bit wanted to brush my hair... I was nervous... Can you tell????
 Fridays mean Football!  Fridays mean dress up days!  It's hit or miss with Bitty on dressing up, but last week he was ALL in!  Red, white, and blue day!!!!!!
 Which also was the day to document Ford being 100 months old.  NO,  I haven't been waiting 8 years and 4 months to post this... I promise.  But in the car my kids are always asking me 2 zillion questions.  Some of those questions are..."How many months old am I?"  Well, Ford was 99 months when he asked me the last time so I decided we needed to document him turning 100 months old!
 He's changed since he was 100 days old!!!!!!
And Mr. I'm only 62 months old needed a piece of the pie too!
 If only we were all so cool!!!!!
 I also appreciate that he still calls tennis shoes "tanna shoes"!!!!!!!!
 And not everyone was excited about Friday football day!
 So I'm sewing a Christmas tree skirt... It's actually my second one to make.  I decided since we have two trees, I need two skirts.  I will also have you know that my last sewing class was canceled last Thursday due to Harvey weather which meant I had to do it solo.  I got this... right...???  Ummm, I said way to many bad words in the two hours I was sorting and sewing.  If someone asked me to sew another one I would panic.
 It's off to have the binding done on the back and be quilted and then I'll sew down the edges.  New Lamar family heirloom.  My kids can fight over the two I made!
Clean and Sweet
 Saturday marked the opening day of dove season.  Fancy can't get up before 6:45 on school days be he managed to get up at 5:30 on Saturday.  Ford accompanied him.  Bitty wouldn't wake up.
 So Trey had to take them back that afternoon so John Brantley could have his turn retrieving the doves.
 Ford killed one all by himself.
 Then came the nasty part of getting the breasts out....
Annie and I didn't hunt.  We played with Maggie instead...
My mom passed down the good qualities of bargain shopping to me.  I LOVE a good deal.  Yesterday we went into the attic for dress up clothes and found these $2.00 Halloween costumes I bought on sale last year.  They had big fun dressing up!

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...