Sunday, July 9, 2017

A decade plus 2

  Today marks 12 years as a Lamar for me.  I need to remember that this day was spent with Fancy playing in a golf tournament, me and Ford coming home from baseball in Jackson and a little late afternoon pool time.  Now I am drinking a glass a wine and blogging for the first time in July, while Trey is mowing our yard with his new X Mark.
My boys were potty trained at 3 years of age and I decided that Annie would beat that time frame.  We started hard core potty training and one day she never had an accident.  I promised to buy her some make-up for a job well done.  Lets just say that the rest of the days we have slacked and I need to get after it again.
 My rule:  If you can put on your own shoes then wear whatever you want!
 It's the summer.  It's the south.  It's hot.  And with that being said, we have to stay as cool as possible at our baseball games.
 And dig
 Ford's All Stars team won Runners up for the Dizzy Dean North State
 Trey got a trophy for coaching and Bitty quickly claimed it as his!
 If only everyone could be as cool as Bitty.
 Strike a pose, Sister
 Sometimes your only job is to be the bowl licker.
 Captured this beautiful view on the way home from a baseball game in Columbus.
 Fourth of July Lamar style
 Bitty was eating some sour cream and onion pringles.  Annie wanted some and I asked him to save her a few chips.  This is what she got.  He went to timeout.
 Julie, Anne Allen, and me on the 4th.
 Cute little Bitty waiting on TA.
 Last week I went to Zaxby's to meet up with April and her parents.  I met April in July of 2000, some 17 years ago when she was 9 years old.  I was her counselor at Civitan Camp for two summers.  I hadn't seen her since my wedding 12 years ago.  She is a sweet sweet young lady and will always hold a special place in my heart.
 God gave me a long driveway and he also gave me boys to pull up my garbage can!
 Fireworks
 We have to check on Gran regularly.   Gran is talked about in our house almost daily.  I don't EVER want my children to forget their Grandmother.
 I had my house cleaned on Friday.   Five minutes after she left this happen...compliments of Bitty.
Sometimes you just feel pretty!
 This week concluded our 4 months of baseball.  Ford has his final tournament in Jackson.  Trey went down with him on Friday for two games.  They came home late that night and I went back on Saturday.  They played one game and lost.  But we enjoyed our stay at The Orchard with my Grandmother and Great Aunt Rose.
 Grandmother and Ford
Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people sitting
 Aunt Rose gave Ford a 100 piece Star Wars puzzle that he insisted we put together before he went to bed.  Did I mention I hate a puzzle!!!!!!!!!
 Bam!  After the puzzle was complete the tooth fairy came.
 Today we went to the swimming pool after we were all settled back in at home.  Annie swam so hard it wore her slap out.

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...