Sunday, January 1, 2017

New Year...New Things

  New Year... New Things.  I am sooo happy 2016 is over.  It started off badly.  On January 1, 2016, we had to put mom in the hospital on the hospice floor because we could no longer care for her at home.  On January 5, she died.  So I lived most of 2016 anticipating the big events without her: birthdays, holidays, anniversaries, vacations, milestones by my kids, etc.  I would like to say I handled them with grace, but some days were harder than others.  This is going to be an exceptionally hard week since Thursday will be the one year anniversary of mom's death.  I'm just going to take this week one day at the time.  Y'all pray for me.  Time heals, but whew....it's still real bad.

So, two years ago, right before I had Annie, we upgraded to a bigger ride with a third row.  When you're rocking three car seats no ordinary car will do.  I got the big white bus, we kept the roads hot, but the car was a lemon.  L-E-M-O-N!!!  In one years time I had 3 batteries.  Its been towed two times that I recall.  Jumped off 8 times in 5 months.  Brakes replaced and 3 days ago the heating and air went out.  That was it.  Suburan #1 to the curb.
Incoming.... the new momma ride.  They pretty much look the same.  This would be the 5th white car I have owned... had six in my life.  White must be my color!  Now, even though the first suburban was a dump (I'm being nice by calling it a dump), I still had MAJOR anxiety with the change.  Ohhhhh y'all change is hard for me.  I get stuck in a rut and can't do things differently.  I've carried the same purse every single day for two years.  I just can't do change.  My stomach was literally in knots all day yesterday thinking about this new car.  I don't know how to work anything in it.  Ohhhhhh change!
I'm not into the party scene of NYE festivities.  I am a homebody who loves her smoochie clothes (sweat pants or pajamas), my hair in a wad on op of my head, and my slippers.  Now that's my kind of night, not getting dressed up to go out on the town.  For as long as I can remember, if Trey isn't at a bowl game we have stayed home and cooked out with friends.  This year was no different.  And last night was the 14th anniversary of me meeting Trey.  We were in college and met in Memphis on NYE.  We had lots of mutual friends who introduced us and the rest is history....
Of course my babies were thrilled to have friends to play with.  Anne Allen and John Brantley are about 8 months apart in age.  She was actually born the day I found out I was pregnant with Bitty.  They had a big time playing.
And watching Mickey Mouse in my bed.
But by 11:00 he was begging to go to bed.
Ford on the other hand had to be drug to bed at 11:30 and I followed right behind not making it til the new year.
And hallelujah, Trey finally SHAVED THAT BEARD!!!!!!!!!
So my New Years Resolutions are: To make pleasant things come out of my mouth and be more positive.  I am also going back to something I did 4 years ago.  Each month I'm going to give up something different.  January is NO fast food.

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...