Monday, January 30, 2017

Meat in the freezer

  Life gets "real" when you play single parent during the week.  It gets real loud, long, lonely, frustrating, exhausting,... I mean you get the drift.  For most of my almost 8 years of parenting I have had a strict and Nazi like schedule of a 7:00 bedtime.  This occurs for reasons such as: the mom needs some sanity at the end of the day, the kids are tired, and I think they need 11-12 hours of good rest a night.  Well, while Fancy is in Jackson we eat and bathe before 6:00 and hop in that bed by or before 7:00 PM.  It's magical.  Then again, I need some adult interaction, brief moments away from the bundles of joy, and some worship.  I have deviated from the 7:00 bedtime schedule on Wednesdays.  We are going to go to church and getting in bed after 7:00.  GASP!!!!  

John Brantley, my weird child who does NOT like change more than his momma, flipped his lid when I said we were going to church on Wednesday night.  It was on the level of Santa Claus isn't coming to see you this year.  Crying, grabbing, snotting, flailing around, just showing off!!!! I calmly explained that we go there all the time, he knows all the children, and the adults.  It didn't matter.  He was going to show his displeasure no matter what.  In true Jill fashion, I didn't want to hear it and said to suck it up buttercup....we are going.  We went.  It was great.  And he wants to go back 100 times!  They even painted his face.
Thursday the Bubbas got haircuts and after Ford climbed down Annie quickly crawled up in that chair.  Rachel sprayed and combed her hair and gave her pigtails.  She loved them!!!!  Ford, on the other hand, did not love them.  He likes normalcy and said he wanted her hair back like I always fix it.  He was concerned the curls would be gone...they weren't.  No cutting allowed...just impromptu makeovers!
THE CRUSHERS dominated Saturday morning at 8:00 on the courts.  Must be that good coaching, I mean crowd control, I've got going on!  Ford scored 30 something points.
Saturday afternoon Ken's  crew came down to spend the night.  Anna Greer babysat all 6 kids and we headed to the Como Steak house for supper.  There were two wedding receptions going on and one little fella kindly gave us some sparklers when we walked by.
#Merica
Sunday morning the girls all dressed alike for church.  Fear not, I didn't let Annie wear those boots to church.
After church we ate Mexican and celebrate Jack turning 6.
Bitty LOVES to go across the street and help check cows, ride on tractors, feed horses, etc.  He's there now!
Sunday night Trey took the boys hunting and Ford killed his first deer.  To say he was excited would be an understatement.  However, he wasn't thrilled that the scope cut his nose though!
Meat in the freezer!

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...