Friday, August 5, 2016

Rounding up, Meet the Heroes, and First day

There’s just so much to celebrate today.  Trey is 36, and I reminded him that he rounds to 40.  He reminded me that he did last year, and I reminded him that I still round down to 30.  The boys started 3K (again) and first grade.  And probably the most important thing about today is: They FINALLY get to wear their new tennis shoes that the mean momma wouldn’t let them wear for weeks.  Ohhhhhh it’s a B-I-G day, people.  Big Day!

We started the morning off right…. With presents.  I guess Trey is overcome with emotion here!?!?!?
 Sister and I picked him out a new Ole Miss shirt.
 Bitty got him a "Hippie Fishing" hat.
 And Ford got him a new duffle bag.
 HAPPY BIRTHDAY TREY!!!!!
 Last night (back tracking....gasp) we had "Meet the Teacher".  Yes, I was obsessed with this day.  I feel like I was preparing all day.  The kids needed to be bathed, presentable, and cute.  We talked a lot about "first impressions" and what they mean.  Bitty was in a mood.
 Can you tell????  BUT we got Mrs. Laura again!!!!!  Bless her soul... round three with the Lamars.  Bitty wondered if he could be her assistant since he was in there last year!
 And first grade for Fordman!
 This is like legit big school.... homework every night, reading, journals, etc.  I was the journal queen when I taught third grade.  Reading that they'd write journals made my heart sing with glee.

And we have Mrs. Steward.  With a "d", not a "t".  Ford had to practice this.
Yes, in case you were wondering, I find great pleasure in making first day of school signs too.  Ford told me he wanted to make his own.  Ummmm no!  

The Bit is ready for 3K...again!  
 Red shirted the little squirt...watch out world!
 And no new school year would be complete without: NEW SHOES!!!!!!!!!!
 And my calmer child...Mr. Cool.  Mr. First Grade.  Mr. Why do I have to hold this sign!
 Who also got some new Under Armour shoes!
"What's all the fuss?  Why am I up and dressed at 7:00 AM?  Are the Bubbas going somewhere without me?"
 After Huddle House we stopped by to see Pops and get him fired up about the first day of school.  I think he shared a smidge of my excitement.

 First stop: Mini Mag for The Bit
 Ohhhh it's Ford's teacher from last year, Mrs. Allison.  I think he misses her already.
 And It's Greer!!!!!!  Our Greer is a senior!
 Rials and Bitty might change the world.
On our way to the other building we walked the halls and found Daddy's class picture.
 Glory Days!!!!!
 First grader!

 "JILL... S-T-O-P taking pictures of everything!!!!!!!!"
 Here we come 2016-2017!!!!!
P.S.  I think the positive tie breaker is my house is being cleaned...and not by me!!!

No comments:

Birthday Trip for the 9 Year Olds

When Annie was seven, Callie and I took her and Birdie to the American Girl Doll store in Nashville.   They have talked about that trip for ...