Saturday, July 16, 2016

Onward to Destin for the Bar Convention

  If you've been a follower of mine for a while you will know that my people love the beach, and we take annual trips to Destin.  Sometimes we are lucky enough to have a two part vacation, and this was one of those years.  The plan was to leave last Tuesday, head to Jackson to visit my grandmother at The Orchard, and then to spend the night at Puddin's Jackson house.  Well, for some wild and crazy reason we decided to still stop in Jackson to see my grandmother, but instead of staying in Jackson for the night going on to Destin.  Yes, we did.   We left Mayberry at 1:30 PM and arrived in Destin a little after 11:00 PM.
 
Packed in like sardines was an understatement.
A long ride can make a little one quite irritable.
This is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth....Bitty was the best one in the car the entire way.
Ford, ironically, didn't ask 25,000 questions.  Thank God for a TV!!!
We all got to sleep late and the next morning were a little lazy lying in the bunks at the Hilton.
Wednesday we hit the sand....
This would be my hippie headgear, as Trey called it, and my new sunglasses my friend gave me for my birthday.
She loved the sand, ocean, sun, and pool.
Our good friends, the Hale's, were in Destin at the Bar Convention too.  They have a daughter, Maggie, who is 2 weeks younger than Annie.  I think they were pleased to see one another.
Bitty: "I have "sun scream" in my eye."
Wednesday night the Bar Convention kicked off with a welcome party complete with a Star Wars theme.
Annie was not a fan of Chewbacca...can you tell?
Since the children were so well behaved on the ride down I promised them a treat.  Ford wanted a shark tooth necklace.  We headed to Alvin's Island in search of it and all the employees were foreign.  Finally we found one that spoke English, so I thought, and I asked about the shark tooth necklace.  She came back with a turtle necklace.  I thanked her for the help and fended for myself.

The Hilton aims to please.  Ice cream anyone...sure... $18.00 later it melted.
He's cute, and he's mine.
This is what Fancy has done 50% of the vacation...the other 50% he's texting, twittering, or reading something.
I'm disappointed the lighting on the patio was bad, but Puddin and Pops looked sharp before dinner one night.
One night Trey and I broke out, alone, and went to Baytowne.  He wasn't into my pictures.
Friday morning we attended a meeting, if you will, where Puddin was presented with the Chief Justice Award.   We are so proud....Bitty especially....
He hid under the table while we waited for the presentation.
Poolin it...
Friday afternoon we hit up the Build a Bear party.  Dory, from Finding Dory, scared sister a little.
Miss Taylor even came....

Rials and John Brantley got the same animal.
On to face painting
After Build a Bear we headed to the Red Bar....Some people were tired.
The Lamar Clan
The Bar Convention concluded with a fun deck party and fireworks...
Thanks for a wonderful time at the Bar Convention, Puddin and Pops!!!

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...