Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Mud and puddles aren't just for the boys

Like I said in my previous post, we planted 22 new trees around our property, and my job is to water them.  I've prayed for rain!!!!   Yesterday, there was a threat of rain all day.  I kept holding out that it would come.  I wanted/needed a day off from the blasted watering buckets.  Well, late afternoon we finally got some rain, probably not enough to justify me not watering, but some.  

I also thought the sprinkle might cancel Ford's 5:30 game.  No such luck.  It was nasty out there, so we all put on our rain boots and headed to the fields.  
Sister is like the red headed stepchild, even though she's a girl, she has to get the Bubba's old goods... Hence the rain boots.
She hasn't even been walking three months so I wouldn't say she's steady on her feet.  She falls.  She crashes.  She wrecks.  Fortunately for her, she's close to the ground and doesn't have far to fall.
But she falls.  In puddles.
It's ok though.  She never missed a beat.
She was all about stomping and splashing.  Sister would even let out a few squeals.
I really liked this dress.  She had leggings underneath.  I bought it from a friend who has a daughter that's older.  Unfortunately, the mud ruined it, and I'm sad.
But when you go headfirst into the puddle and you're shivering it's time to strip down and head home.
Two baths.  Round one was the rinse to get the mud, leaves, trash and other debris out of her hair and ears.  Round two was the actual cleaning.  Squeaky clean and ready to go!

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...