Sunday, May 22, 2016

About sums it up

Vance, Trey's brother is finally getting married.  I've been around over 13 years and I just didn't know if he'd ever settle down with someone.  Well, he found Emily, and they've been dating a while and are tying the knot in August.  This weekend she had her church shower and the kiddos and I went.  

Puddin has lots of friends, but she has three friends that are "her girls" and they call themselves "The Ya-Ya's".  Aren't they cute....
 This is most (minus 2) of the women on Puddin's side of the family plus Emily (in the white by Puddin)
 My sweet babies before church....
 Mom fail.... Ford's shorts are from last year.  Thought we'd try them out.  Thinking they need to go into the tub... too small!
 P-R-I-S-S-Y
 About sums it up
Cousin Andi came to play and brought this hammock thing.  I'm so 1999, I know it's not a hammock, but I don't know what it's called!
The other day, Annie and I went to see Bobba (Puddin's momma, and Trey's grandmother).  Annie climbed right up in her lap and started messing with her phone and remote.  It was really so sweet.  My kids are fortunate to have 2 great grandmothers, 1 great grandfather, 1 grandmother, and 2 grandfathers who love them dearly.
Fancy, whom I refer to as my “wife” to those we are close to, told me a few weeks back that our living room looked bad and it needed help.  I, Jill Anthony Lamar, don’t do decorating.  I don’t know the first thing about it.  That is why Trey did 75% of our house and I had someone help with the other 25% (while building that is)!!!!  So we have done a lot of face lifting in our living room lately: new rug, recovered chairs, new pillows, new coffee table, new side table, several things framed, lamp shades, and more to come.
That Aztec looking pillow in the leather chair is going to be replaced, it's just not ready yet.
Y'all, today has been tough since about 2:00 (It's 7:00 now).  The wind wasn't blowing the correct way, apparently, and Bitty was showing his tail feathers.  I took the boys to the country club pool at 2:00.  Ford played happily and Bitty acted two.  He refused to get in the water.  I'm pretty sure every child and teenager there offered to play with him.  Negative.  He preferred to headbutt me in the stomach, whine, complain, pout. cry, make noises, etc.  Finally at 3:30 we left and he cried most of the rest of the day.
It's times like this that I want to run away and scream.   It's not fair to Ford who is good pretty much all of the time, or to Annie who is a baby and needs to be held too.  If she climbed in my lap he pushed her out.  Prayers that a 6:45 bedtime will make tomorrow more pleasant.
Two more ball games for this guy....
Summer is in FULL swing and it's about to get B-U-S-Y!

No comments:

February recap

Axton and Griff both played on Ford's BPA travel team last year and this year that came to our school!!! "Momma, take my picture!&q...