Friday, November 27, 2015

He can die a happy man

If you're a faithful blog follower of mine, you'll remember I blogged about Ford turning 6.5 years old on November 1.  That blog consisted of numerous questions I asked Ford in a little interview.  One such question was: "Where was a place he'd never been that he wanted to go?" I was thinking he'd say Disney World.  Ahhhh, not even close.  The little man chose Rebel Rags in Oxford.  
Since they have been out of school all week for fall break it made spontaneous field trips much easier.  On Tuesday the kiddos and I loaded up for Oxford.  First stop was Newks.  I needed fuel in order to keep up with my crew.  Second stop was the VA.  I can't go to Oxford without seeing my sweet Granddaddy.  And lastly, we made it to the store he'd been waiting for!!!!
The child needed some eye black.  They had eye blue or eye red.  I think getting both was essential.
And stickers.  You must have stickers.  
Ahhhh I could have broken the bank, but eye blue, eye red, and stickers were sufficient.
See exhibit A
And exhibit B
Well, if a trip to Rebel Rags wasn't enough to make him die a happy man, Daddy one upped me!!!!   Fancy took the boys to Oxford the next day to the indoor practice facility.  They found the coach!!!!
And someone left the EggBowl trophy out!
Then you must take a picture in front of everyone's locker!
Ohhhh and it's the man himself, Taz!!!!   Hometown hero.  Mayberry's own!
After that big event they ran around the courthouse lawn. Only too bad got Daddy because he wasn't paying good attention and Bitty watered the grass.  No. Home. Training!
And ice cream!  Dang, what a week!

No comments:

Egg Activities

Annie loves to dress like her friends.   One day Carter Grace and Annie needed to look alike. The junior high played baseball at Pillow in G...