Wednesday, October 14, 2015

My Tri Delta Sisters

As a child my family bounced all over the state as my dad was transferred to various banks.  Usually when people here of the numerous towns I've lived in they automatically think he was in the service. Oh no, just a banker!!!!

One stop along the way was my move, not a family relocate.  I chose Oxford.  I chose Ole Miss.  And I hoped to be a Tri Delta, and they chose me!!!!  Oh I wanted to be a DDD for as long as I can remember.  My mom was one and I pretty much wanted my life to be just like hers.  My great grandmother was also a Tri Delt and loved that place so much she took out a loan to add onto the house.  There are still things in the house that belonged to Opal Hamm, my granddaddy's mom. 

I pledged in 2001 and with the membership made lots of friends.  We had a large time in college and made memories for a lifetime.  Ten years have passed since we graduated and moved on.  I've been a crappy friend to most.  My life is so busy with my family that it's rare for me to pick up the phone and call one of these girls.  But.....ohhhh but, last Friday we got together again. 
Now I had 68 in my pledge class, and of course not everyone was able to attend, but we had a good showing.

Our pledge class met up in Oxford at the University Club for snacks and a little social activity.  It was good times.  We then hopped around the square. 

Natalie, Taylor, and me.  Taylor's mom and my mom lived together in college.  She and I lived together one summer and senior year.  
Ashley, Kristen, Taylor, Brooks Ann, me and Mary Rollins
Natalie jumped in on this one. 
Courtney and me
And Jane.  My roommate freshman and sophomore years.
It definitely doesn't need to be ten years before we do that again!!!  Old friends are good for the soul. 

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...