Wednesday, September 2, 2015

It was a purple bead

I am currently a stay at home mom.  I've just gone into my 4th school year in this one of a kind profession.  It's hard y'all.  It's 24/7, 365 days a year, 7 days a week, no holidays, no sick days, no personal days.  It's FULL blasted time.  Do you read me???   I have three bosses.  Some are more demanding than others.  Some talk more than others.  Some cry more than others.  And some do stupid things more than others.  Yup... I said stupid.  Moving right along.  

So, it all went down yesterday, Tuesday.  I had some men here delivering furniture while Ford was supposed to be in the kitchen doing homework, Annie was crying in her exersaucer, and Bitty was being crafty making a bead necklace.  Ford comes running to inform me that John Brantley stuck a purple bead up his nose.  Did I panic?   No.  Did I act overly concerned?  No. Instead I said, "John Brantley why would you do something so stupid?"   Yeah... Oops.  He will file that one away and use it later.  

While I thought of my next move I mopped.  I guess cleaning helps.  Then I posted for help on Facebook because everyone has an answer on that place.  I got many tips.  The problem was... the bead was so far up there I couldn't use tweezers, a toothpick, or paper clip like everyone suggested.  I closed the good nostril and asked him to blow.  Only snot.  Meanwhile he's sneezing and his nose is running.  Ford is steadily talking so I sent him upstairs and Annie was mad and wanted to be held.  No other adult was here in my time of need!!!

I called a friend who works for an ENT and she said do NOT try to get it out with anything, only blow.  I made an appointment with the doctor for Wednesday afternoon.  Now the thought of leaving a bead up my child's nose for 22 hours wasn't my idea of fun.  I was thinking he would suck it down.  That's when BoomPa, my dad, came to the rescue.  Apparently growing up in Sebastopol, MS, people do crazy things like stick beads up their noses too!  He told me to press the good nostril closed, cover his mouth with my mouth like I was doing CPR, and blow as hard as I could.
WHOOP there it is!!!!  That little sucker came flying right out into Bitty's hand and a hunk of snot on my cheek!  Talk about pumped!  No trip to the ER or ENT.  No crying kid because people were restraining him while digging up his nose.  It was simple and easy.  Did he learn his lesson?  I'm going with NO since less than 20 minutes later he was trying to put it in his ear.  I went nuts.  The blowing trick wasn't going to work on the ear!
He better be glad he's so darn cute or I might let him sleep outside!!!
She's cute too!!!   ARE YOU READY?!?!?!?!?!
And we can't forget the big brother and his football loving self!

1 comment:

Marci said...

This one made me laugh out loud! Love your posts!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...