Monday, July 27, 2015

The bees were unwanted guests

You know the famous Forest Gump saying, “Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re going to get.”  Well, I’m here to testify… “ain’t that the truth”. 

So we were gone to the beach for 10 days, and I promise I am still playing catch up.  It’s like can I please keep my head above water???  Lots to do after one gets home from a trip.  Then you throw in some fun surprises, and life is really good.

We got home on a Saturday night and I had to book it straight to Wal-Mart because I was helping give a baby shower the next day.  While I was gone I got a text from Trey that read: “Do NOT go anywhere near the third garage bay.”  I respond: “What is it?”  He says: “Bees.”   Well, I’m known to be a smart ass (excuse the language) so I told him to just spray the bees.  HA!!!!!!!!

PEOPLE.... we had bees.  Bees for days.  Bees galore!!!  Do you see all those little specks???.... those are bees.  And little did we know there were thousands more under those boards.  Well, what did I do?  Panic?  Not a chance!  I used my knowledge from Facebook surfing and contacted "The Bee Man" himself.   He came.  He inspected...
He and his wife suited up and went to town.
Now don't you think for one minute that such an activity is going to take place within walking distance of my boys and them not participate.  Not a chance!!!  Bee Man said he'd been there at 6:00... we were waiting at 5:55 AM.
Boards came down and up the ladder they went.  They smoked the bees out, captured the queen, put her in a box, vacuumed other bees out, and estimated they caught 30,000 bees that day.  Yep!  It was a problem folks.  A BIG problem!!!  I am just grateful to the Bee Man and his wife for taking care of this sticky (honey-ha!) issue for us!
Unwanted guests!
The bees are all gone.  No one got stung, and now we wait on our builders to come back and fix our boards.  Yes, this happened in our new house we moved into this March.  Just keeping it real around here.  Just keeping it real.

New blog below

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...