Wednesday, July 29, 2015

I'll miss (most) of these days

Some people might read my blog and think she has it so easy.  She's a stay at home mom.  No worries for her.  She doesn't have a real job.  Been there... Thought that about others before I became a stay at home mom.  

Well, I'm here to tell you differently.  I taught school for 6.5 years, taught in two school districts, at 4 different schools, more than 200 kids, and that ain't got nothing on my three.  Nothing!!!!   

Let me start by saying that Annie is easy. The child literally eats and sleeps her life away. The boys present the challenge.  Lately we've been stuck at home because I've had house work, Annie needs to sleep, or she's gotta eat.  I guess the cabin fever begins to drive them mad and they start.  They start fussing, fighting, biting, aggregating each other, and purposefully being down right mean!

Yesterday I woke up with a headache which slowly got worse until I felt nauseous.  I can't call in sick people.  This is my job.  My kids. 24/7.  Rain or shine.  Good days or bad.  My job.  No holidays, no weekends, no rest.  So I feel like death and I'm dealing with two brats.  Yes, brats.  I corrected them.  I threatened them. I raised my voice at them.  It was as if I didn't exist.  They never acknowledged my warning.  I got mad.  And so I did this....
Now am I proud that I threw my brush full force on the bathroom floor and broke it?  Heck no!   Am I proud I let my temper get the best of me and made the Devil smile?  Of course not.  I acted terrible.  I should have responded in a totally different manner, but I didn't.  

The struggle is real y'all.  Being a stay at home mom is tough.  But I just need to remember they do grow up.  The days won't always be like this.  I'll miss (most) of these days.  

A friend sent me this today and it certainly is fitting....
Here's to a better today and tomorrow!

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...