Tuesday, May 12, 2015

I work 24/7

Yesterday was that special day where we all boast and brag about what wonderful mothers we have, post pictures to Facebook, and give gifts.  Mother's Appreciation Day, as I shall refer to it, takes on a WHOLE new meaning when you become a mother yourself.  The work begins as soon as you see that plus (+) sign on a pregnancy test.  From that moment on your every thought and decision is centered around this little being. Ex: I shouldn't sit in this part of the restaurant because I'd be breathing cigarette smoke.  I should avoid caffeine or refrain from licking the bowl of brownie batter because of raw egg. I must get at least 8 hours of sleep and sleep on my left side. I don't need to lift anything heavy.  The list could go on and on.  

Then after 9 months the little nugget comes out and things really get going.  These little children can't do one single thing on their own.  Your social life and sleeping late are long gone sister.  Kiss them goodbye.  Sleeping becomes more of a rare privilege and it's something that should be cherished and not taken advantage of. 

I feel that I am pretty knowledgeable in the area of motherhood.  After all I have three ankle biters that are all still in one peace. I will say this, round #1 I didn't have a clue.  Not one tiny clue.  I read and read and read baby books.  I was looking for the secret.  The secret to a happy, sleeping, non-fussy, good eating, non colicky baby.  I just knew the secret was in the pages of some book and I would find it.  First time moms....gosh I love them.  Now I do not do books.  I gladly donated mine to someone who has no clue.  Good luck sister!!!

Let's be honest, round #2 might have been harder than round #1.  I'm just glad now with round #3 I have chilled out a bit.  I 100% hate the phrase "chill out" and I just used it!  Ha!!!  But I have. Let's face it.  Annie can't really be on a schedule when her two older brothers have school and other activities.  She's a car seat baby. At 11 weeks old she's probably spent a total of 15 minutes in her life on the floor practicing her tummy time. Ford had a strict 15 minutes daily and was rolling over by 8 weeks.  Sister doesn't have a prayer!!!!

I can say with much certainty that being a mom has to be the hardest job ever created.  I wear multiple hats.  Multiple.  I'm a mother, nurse, referee, chauffeur, cook, maid, coach, playmate, teacher.... Must I go on?  I don't work 8-5.  I work 24/7.  I don't get holidays off.  Crap, I can't even shower or brush my teeth without an audience.  Being a mom is a huge commitment.  The job begins at -9 months and lasts a lifetime. Are you up for the task?

Even though motherhood is the most difficult thing I have ever done, I can't imagine not being the CEO of these three.  It's rewarding. There is no pay raise or bonus in the terms of good old green currency, but I'm rewarded daily.  I get sweet smiles, hugs, kisses, and I love You's.  I have little arms wrapped around my neck saying they need me.  I get told I'm their best friend, am pretty, and the best momma ever.  What more could I need?   Yes, I complain to Fancy that I'm tired or I don't want to change a diaper, but I know one day I'll miss it all.  One day. 

Until then I will soak up these little treasures and love them and teach them to be Godly people the best that I possibly can. 
Not only was Sunday Mother's Day aka Mother's Appreciation Day, but it was also baby dedication at our church.  
Jennifer and Maggie....who wasn't feeling like a photo shoot at the moment.  
This little is responsible for the new patch of gray hairs that I found, but that's ok.  He's still precious even when I'm not sure I can handle one more minute of the "terrible twos". 
God sure has a lot of Faith in me.  He loaned me three of his wonderful children to raise. 
What more could I possibly ask for?!?!?!   My cup runneth over. 
Baby dedication 
My Pandura pottery bowl from my crew.  During breakfast Trey called JB over to his chair and whispered in his ear.  Bit then turns to Ford and says, "Come on Ford lets get Momma's present.  Let's get her dish!"   Ha ha ha.  He can't keep a secret. 
From Fordy
From Bitty
From my nephew, Jack
This about sums it all up!!!

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...