Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Sweetums got shots

Hate is a strong word, but there is something that I really hate.  I really hate "shot days" and seeing my babies in pain.  Last week, it was time for Annie's dreaded 8 week shots.  She woke up in such a sweet little mood, and it made me sadder that I knew what was ahead.
 
I refused to go by myself on this terrible outing.  I told Trey, didn't ask him, that he would accompany me to the doctor.  Naturally, I got teary eyed (did with all three kids) and he filmed the spectacle.  Annie was actually highly ticked before a needle even went in her leg.  She doesn't like people messing with her, especially her head, and the nurse quite frankly ticked her off.  She was pulling her legs to get her height and messing with her head to measure her head circumference, and she was feisty by that point.
 
The shots were bad.  She got three in her legs and cried and cried.  Broke my heart. 
STATS:
 
Weight: 11 pounds = 25-50th percentile
Height: 22 inches = 10-25th percentile
Head Circumference: 16 inches = 75th percentile
The nurse messed up the last two.... I will add measurements tonight.
 
Ford's stats at 8 weeks: 
 
Weight: 25th percentile
Height: 30th percentile
Head circumference: 75th percentile
Sadly enough, I didn't record his stats on my blog.
 
John Brantley's stats at 8 weeks:
 
Weight:12.7 pounds 50-75th percentile
Height: 23.75 inches- 75th percentile
Head Circumference: 40.5 inches- 50th percentile
 
These boys honestly couldn't love this little girl anymore.  Ford keeps asking if she can sleep with them.  I told him she has to get a lot bigger.
This sweetums is smiling and cooing a lot.  She loves to be talked to and tries her best to communicate back.  It's soooo cute and sweet.  I do have a fear that she is going to talk as much as her brothers and I'll need earplugs. 
 
She's eating once at night around 3:30, then about 7:00, 10:00, 12:30-1:00ish, 3:30 and maybe a 5:00 quick feeding and bed about 6:30-7:00.  I feel like a glorified mother cow, but I wouldn't have it any other way. 
 
She is a napper. About an hour after she wakes up she needs a morning nap. This is anywhere from 1-2 hours. We also take a nap for 2 or more hours after lunch and usually a late afternoon cat nap for 30 minutes to an hour. The girl likes to sleep. 

I would rock the boys until there were in a nice coma-like state. Not sister.  She's on her own. I put her down to nap in her rock-n-play and she goes to sleep. Usually there's some crying, but she figures it out!!!

Annie gets upset if she is tired and wants to go to sleep, is hungry, or has a dirty diaper.  She has also started showing her dislike for the 5,000 kisses her brothers give her a day.  She can handle about 2,000, but a girl's got to draw the line somewhere.  When she gets upset or if someone hold her head against their clothes this happens....
I wash her body in Johnson and Johnson's baby wash and I use Dreft on all the kids' stuff.  Thoughts?  Suggestions?
 
Sarah Suzanne "Annie" Lamar

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My baby did something similar...it wasn't "baby acne" because it would come and go. More so when he got hot. We got a prescription of ketoconazole and it cleared up and pretty much stopped getting it. You could also try a free & clear detergent (like all) and use just water to bathe for a few days.

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...