Thursday, April 23, 2015

She can foam at the mouth, it's talent


Last Thursday we made a quickie trip to Jackson. My father in law, aka Pops, aka John Lamar, was being honored. Pops was selected as one of the few attorneys in the state to be inducted into the Mississippi Bar Foundation. They honored the "fellows" with a reception, dinner, and ceremony at the Old Capitol Inn.   Justice Puddin, aka my mother in law, aka Ann Lamar, was inducted several years back.  Now Fancy better step it up so he can join the elite club!!!!

We are proud of you, Pops!!!!
The trip to Jackson was quick, as in we were in town less than 24 hours.  No trip is complete without seeing my Grandmother.  She recently moved from her home into an assisted living facility where her two sisters live. It's like an old ladies country club!!!!

Grandmother and "the sisters" hadn't met Annie yet so it was a special day. 
They had a lovely time, and it did my heart good to see my Grandmother so happy.  For almost the last 2.5 years she and my Granddaddy have lived apart.  She's in Jackson and he's in the Oxford VA.
And speaking of.... Here he is. The kiddos (so hard not to write "the boys") and I headed to "God's Country" after lunch so my sweet Granddaddy could meet his sixth great grandchild. Annie was in a sweet mood so I laid her up there with him. Now if this isn't the sweetest picture I don't know what is!!!
My Grandfather and Ford's namesake, is 90 years old. By that time some of your parts don't work like the use to.  He can't hear very well at all, but he sure enjoyed holding this baby girl for 20 minutes as they exchanged smiles. This visit made my heart so happy. He's the sweetest old guy I know!!!  I'm his Jill Baby!
Representative Fanciful (new nickname) played in a golf tournament last weekend. Saturday night they hosted a crawfish boil.  Now I don't eat mud bugs, but I jump at the chance to get out of the house and have some adult interaction. Now with the first two chaps (my dad's word for kids) I probably wouldn't have gone out at supper time to such a function. I decided sister can just live in her car seat because we gotta go sometimes.
We stayed until about 8:00. This was wasn't my best parenting idea because it was meltdown city for the youngest two. Annie was furious, and by the time we got home she was foaming at the mouth. No lie!!!!  Must get that from the Lamar side!  We got in the house and the question came that I was hoping I wouldn't hear. "What's for supper?"  I wanted to throw my hands up and say, "WHY WHY WHY must you eat supper???  It's 8:00  Skip it.  Go to bed."  But since I am "super mom" I told them to find something in the pantry that I didn't have to help with.  They ate Cheetos.  No one call DHS please!!!
Yep, I still have more blogs to come.... playing catch up.  And thanks, Kara.... I put the blogger app on my phone!

No comments:

February recap

Axton and Griff both played on Ford's BPA travel team last year and this year that came to our school!!! "Momma, take my picture!&q...