Wednesday, January 7, 2015

It came...get my drift...in a funk

Yep.  It came just like I knew it would.  I didn't even have to stay up until midnight like the other nuts in this world to make sure.  2015 came while I was fast asleep, and had been for several hours.  It was actually kind of sad.  This was the first time since I met Trey that we weren't together on NYE.  We met in Memphis on New Year’s 2002.  I guess after 12 years it’s okay to part ways and let the hubs go to The Peach Bowl, even if Ole Miss got spanked!

Building a house has been mega stressful.  Most people say if your marriage can survive building a house it can survive anything.  Trey and I haven’t fought over this building process.  We have very similar taste and for the most part I have let him pick most everything out.  It has been demanding when they need decisions made in several minutes, men don’t show up to do their part of the work, deadlines aren't met, it rains, people take days or weeks off, things you ordered don’t come in, mistakes are made and they must start over, it’s freezing outside and things can’t be completed, workers won’t answer the phone, they say they are coming to work and don’t show up, …. You get my drift!?!?!?

I don’t have any recent pictures to show you.  Yes, lots has been done, but I doubt y’all want to see baseboards, doors, and tile in bathrooms.  Maybe later I’ll take some.

Pregnancy Update:

Well, I’ll be 33 weeks pregnant on Friday.  I am pleased that I have made it this far and am still in one piece.  Life as I know it is more difficult.  Bending over is a joke.  I mean yes, I can bend over, but the fact that Annie is so low, it is like a huge obstacle was placed in my way.  The other night I decided my feet needed some TLC.  I got the clippers to cut my toenails…. It was a ha ha ha ha ha moment.  I was sweating when I was done.  Then I told Fancy that he had to take off my polish.  The next day I got a pedicure.

I have pretty much begun my “nesting” if you will.  Monday and Tuesday I was cleaning and doing laundry like it was nobody’s business along with packing some boxes.  This morning I had made 4 casseroles to freeze before 6:30 AM.  I continued by making a batch of sausage muffins, two more casseroles, laundry, and cleaning out some drawers.  I so badly want to be settled and most people who are 33 weeks pregnant have their nursery all cutesy and are just waiting on their little bundle of joy.  My bundle has a gray rubber tub with a few baby things washed and that’s it. 

The BAD news is: the house WON’T be ready before Annie comes.  Shoot.  Me.  Now!!!  I was going to be like a crazy woman on speed unpacking my house just days or weeks before she arrived, and then we got the BIG letdown.  It won’t be ready in time.

This blog is boring, right???  No pictures.  I’m sorry.  I have been in a funk.  I guess since I took over 200 at Christmas that I have been out of the mood. 

Expect to find a better blog in the next few days…..

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...