Monday, January 12, 2015

Dedicated to the boys

I would say the majority of you read my blog to hear about my little guys, and maybe a few of you enjoy my humor.  He’s a blog dedicated to my boys…

FORD......

Ford gets “obsessed” with things if you will.  When he was about 2 years old it was tractors.  We have also been interested in outer space and now he is full force into football.  He is an Ole Miss fanatic and pretty much thinks everyone should pull for his team.  I have tried to explain that it’s okay that people like other teams too, but that doesn't jive too well with the little guy.  His new infatuation started this fall when he went to two games with his Daddy.  We were fortunate enough (BIG sarcasm here folks) to record the Ole Miss vs. MSU game and the Ole Miss vs. Alabama game.  Since we have those two jewels saved on our TV we get the pleasure of watching them numerous times a week.  I kid you not!
I mentioned a month or so ago that Ford was learning some sight words.  Now this isn't anything they are doing in his 4K class.  This is a momma requirement because that teacher comes out in me too much.  Here’s his latest word list that we practice about 3 times a week.  And might I add he does a fine job!

His words: off, what, out, in, stop, and, am, I, were, yes, her, he, us, is, a, do, been, that, have, him, them, by, for, the, has, down, was, she, how, this, no, are, to, you, up, so, my, on, we, get, but, all, can, not, me, go, be, at, of, it.

The other day Ford started asking me about my “eye garages”.  I looked at him totally confused because this was definitely a new one to me.  I asked where he had heard the term and he said he made it up.  Then I continued with my questions and asked exactly what eye garages were.  Ford said, “eye lids”.  Makes good sense…. I’m glad he’s creative!

The child HATES to run errands.  I try to run most of them before I get him from school each day, but that’s not always possible.  After he complains about having to leave the house, he then wants to know how many places we have to go and where all we will be going.  I always name the errands and then end with China.  He gets mad that I tell him we are going to China, but I must keep him on his toes.
Ford asked me if he could spend the night with a friend the other day.  I know at his age (5.5 yrs.) I had to stayed with some friends, but I am NOT ready for that stage just yet.


Something came up in the car about the movie, Frozen.  Ford asked if the characters were real.  I said no.  He quickly told me I was wrong, and his cousins had seen them in Disney World.  What do I know???

JOHN BRANTLEY...

John Brantley is talking a lot.  Like all the time…. Nonstop.  It runs in the family apparently because Trey and Ford can do some talking too.  He is also into puzzles big time.  I personally hate a puzzle, but am glad my kids like them.  Great for the brain.

One of his funniest sayings lately is, “no maybe”.  Here’s an example:  Me:  “John Brantley, please share that with Ford.”  JB:  “No maybe.”   Basically, it means no, but he says “no maybe” instead.  

He likes putting no in front of stuff.  Me: “John Brantley, eat your food.”  JB: “ I no can’t.”
He calls Trey’s office the “offie."   An ottoman is the “obbie."  And he says that we live in “Semmy Tobie."

Other sayings I am guaranteed to hear from John Brantley during the day. “I want you.”  “I need you.”  “I need you reawwy (really) bad!”

We have started a new sleep operation.  It’s called… Annie is coming and I can’t rock and lay down with you for an hour every night.  We started this last week on Wednesday and have had 5 nights so far.

Night #1:  Cried, but was exhausted from no nap so he went to sleep relatively quickly with me sitting in a chair watching him.
Night #2:  Cried, pitched a fit, acted like he had NO home training which resulted in TREY (aka Mr. Softy) making me rock him.  I rocked for 5 minutes and put him in his bed.  More crying, but I sat in the rocking chair.
Night #3:  Rocked 5 minutes, cried and threw a stuffed animal at my head.
Night #4:  Said, “I no love laying by myself.”  Cried just a bit.  I got up and he asked where I was going.  I told him to put some cups in the sink.  I never returned.
Night #5:  Rocked 5 minutes, no crying, and to sleep quickly.

I would say we are making progress.  HOWEVER, he rarely (like 1 or 2 times a week) stays in his bed all night.  We usually have a visitor sometime during the night.



THE END

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...