Monday, November 17, 2014

Scroogish = me about a tree

Christmas is my most favoritest holiday ever.  I love everything about the season.  I will admit I am feeling a little Scroogish this year with the tree.  I love my artificial tree.  I love to decorate it.  However, since we are living in a rental house a lot of my stuff is packed up which poses a problem.  My tree is deep inside the extra garage with stuff (crap is a better word actually) piled around it.  I really don’t feel like pulling it out and decorating it.  This house doesn't feel like home and I’m just not excited about that tree here.  I miss my old house (sigh).  So, I think I might put up a smaller tree this year.  I haven’t run this by Fancy just yet.  He mentioned a real tree, but I hate to break it to him… I’m allergic to every tree imaginable but a Pine Tree.  True statement.

Back on topic… Christmas.  I love it.  I love Santa Clause too.  The big guy made a debut in Mayberry on Saturday and the Lamar party of 4.5 was at the front of the line.
 I knew Ford would love him.  He always has.  Bitty is a different breed.  You don’t know how that little fella will act.  It all depends on which way the wind is blowing.  Fortunately, it was blowing in the “happy go lucky” direction on Saturday and he was all about Jolly Old St. Nick too.  I like to get my kids “fired up” about stuff.  We talked about Santa coming and what we would say to him well in advance.
 
Ford’s List:

Lego’s
Ninja Turtle Stuff
Creature Power Discs (from his show, Wild Kratts)
Octonauts stuff (another cartoon)

John Brantley’s List:

Two BIG trucks and tray trays (trailers)
 We don’t have a lot of dress up clothes, but lately JB has been trying them all on….
 Spaceman Bitty
 Scrubba Dub Dub
The other night I had a killer headache and wanted to nearly panic.  I kept telling Trey it was time to come home and he was busy or something.  I left the boys to do whatever they wanted.  They made a tent.  Not surprised!  They are tent building masters!
 Dressing up Exhibit B…
 And the original Spaceman, Fordy
 Tough guys
 "In tent momma"
 I have always pushed Ford harder than John Brantley.  First child thing I guess.  He has been doing things (crawling, walking, talking, climbing, etc.) faster than John Brantley.  I decided that was fine.  We all develop at different rates, and I need to just let them be kids, right???  Well, Ford really has a strong desire to learn.  He asks questions… ALL THE TIME.  They aren’t necessarily little kid surface level questions.  He’s a deep thinker.  He desires to know more and wants to be smart.  I decided he needed to really practice reading.  No, they don’t teach reading in 4K, but this is a life skill and he will thank me when he’s ahead of the game one day.  We sort of did sight words a few months back, but now we practice every day.  Here’s his list he can read which I am steadily adding to:
do, she, so, a, at, the, I, off, be, and, yes, it, me, you, out, is, no, go, stop, on, we, of, to, in, can, my, all, am, by, he....
Stay warm people!!!!

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...