Thursday, November 20, 2014

Pilgrims and Indians

Next week both boys are out of school for Thanksgiving break.  Therefore, this week they are doing all of their Thanksgiving festivities.  At the beginning of the school year, I signed up to be the chairman for Ford’s Thanksgiving class party too.  This has been a busy week, and we all know that I am Type A, big planner, gotta get it done early kind of person.  Well, I will have you know that I didn’t even begin my preparations for this function until last night.  That is so unlike me, but we have been super-duper busy and there just wasn't any time.
 The teachers had the pilgrims and Indians in the hallway while us moms set up the food stations.
 Last week I met with his teacher and got her “vision”, if you will, for this party and went from there.  I contacted the other mothers and they signed up for specific things to make/bring and I will have you know it came together quite nicely.

The children’s table
The butter, corn and biscuits station
 Cookie decorating station
Carrot peeling and macaroni station
Pudding and fruit kabob station
The turkey!!!!!!  Thank goodness a mother nominated her husband to fry us a turkey.  This momma right here has never baked a turkey in her life.  They may have had deli meat turkey if I were left in charge!!!
 Ready to eat!!!!
 What a great day with my favorite little Indian!!!!
Mr. Cool didn't have a party in his class, but he still wore his turkey shirt this morning and cool Dr. Seuss shoes!!! 
 He loved Fordy's headband!
Gobble Gobble Y'all!!!!!!

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...