Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Grandparent's Day celebrations

Sometimes I feel like “busy” is an understatement for my life.  Honestly though, if I don’t have something marked on my calendar then I “create” things to do.  Ask Trey.  It drives him nuts that I won’t relax.  It’s just me.

This has proved to be another busy week for us.  On Monday, Ford’s school celebrated Grandparent’s Day.  I signed up to be the chairman for his class on this party/event.  Therefore, I was in charge of the decorating and food tables.

Ford was kind enough to practice singing all of his songs for me weeks in advance!!!  The morning of his program I got him all fired up.  I told him he would have 5 grandparents and two parents there, and he needed to have his game face on.  He was pumped in the car.  I knew when the actual program began I would get the “stink eye” from him a time or two.  He doesn't want you to make a big deal about stuff in front of lots of other people.  He gets embarrassed!!!!
 His hair was doing something funny that morning.  While in the carpool line I sprayed some hairspray on the front of his doo.  You can so tell I did it… oops!
 Stink.  Eye.
 Magnolia Heights 4k-5k Grandparent’s Day participants
 And here’s my décor contribution….
 Ford and all of his grandparent representatives: Pops, Puddin, Bobba, Gran, and BoomPa
Ford and his great-grandmother, Bobba
 Gran and BoomPa
 Puddin and Pops with a bad sun glare on the picture.
 This picture was an eye opener.  The chipmunk is forming.  The what????  The chipmunk… my fat face!
 After the program he wanted to show me some stuff in his room, his turkey…
 Indian boy
 Monday was a special day celebrating Grandparent’s Day at Ford’s school!!!

Then Tuesday it was time for John Brantley’s school to celebrate.  No, I am not a grandparent and technically wasn't invited, but I was available and my camera needed to document Bitty’s program too!!!

My parents arrived before I got there.  John Brantley already had my mom, Gran, digging in her purse for him some peppermints.
 Bitty and his grandmothers…. He wouldn't act right.  But what’s new?!?!?
 His little class was to sit at tables and sing some songs.  I didn’t have high expectations for John Brantley.  He doesn't sing at home and he hasn't been talking that well for too long.  I did expect him to act better than this though….
 This is the…”I’m not doing a thing and you can’t make me do SQUAT look.”
 Bitty had the same star treatment with 5 grandparent representatives for his day too!!!
 Bitty and his great- grandmother, Bobba
 John Brantley, Puddin, and Pops
 BoomPa, Bit, and Gran
The chipmunk wasn't as big on Tuesday as on Monday.  But I made up for it by looking “large and in charge” in the belly section.
 Despite his flat out refusal to participate in the program, he is still pretty darn cute to me!
 What do we do during the day???  Eat cupcakes and body paint with the icing!!!
 Thankful for my two little men who keep me on my toes and wear me out every single day!!!!

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...